Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

who out there plays the stock market?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 10:51 PM
1st Gear Member
Default who out there plays the stock market?

just wondering who here does it? i just kind of got into it today and am plannign on investing in some KAWI shares.

what all do you guys play, if you do alot of trading who do you buy alot of?

Old 08-08-2008, 12:35 AM
1st Gear Member

Well - as of late, the markets have been playing my *** without fail... I have lost a ****load in the last 9 months. I tried holding out, but I took enough of a beating where I took everything and shoved it into international bonds so I could recoup a few dollars. I am getting ready to put a large chunk of it into domestic small cap.

Old 08-08-2008, 04:16 AM
1st Gear Member

i wish i could. lol.... i seem to have good luck with it, i do watch companies i (would) invest in very closely and if i started with like $500 last year id have like $30grand about now >:|

watch, once i do buy+sell stock, ill have the worst luck ever and end up in a bunch of **** with a ton of loan sharks

Old 08-08-2008, 04:30 AM
1st Gear Member

if i were to buy now id go with...

kawasaki. reasons:gas, bike enthusiasm, awareness up, lots of new dealers.

sony:stock is low due to major debt producing the ps3, cell processor is flying off the shelves, no major expenses/spending plans approaching

kia: (although i hate them, i dont mind taking their success and making it my own) car lineup has vastly improved over the past year or two, seeing tonnes more on the roads than before, many many new dealers.

feel free to take those and make them your own investments, let me know how it turns out if youre dumb enough to put your $ on my thoughts ....

Old 08-08-2008, 02:01 PM
1st Gear Member

I'd have to disagree on the Kawasaki bit. As much as I love them - the smart money is on Honda. Between econo cars, bikes, and now econo-jets - that's where you will see some return in the next 5 years.

Kawasaki is also into heavy industry & machinery - which has NOT been doing well lately, and they are taking a hit because of it.

Old 08-08-2008, 02:52 PM
1st Gear Member

Maybe I should invest,, try and play it out alil just a lil bit

Old 08-08-2008, 04:11 PM
1st Gear Member

I use to play the FOREX, but I got tired of being manipulated by the major players and market providers. I was on the winning side of my trades more often than not, however when I did loose it was hard to make it back up. It was literally two steps forward one and a half steps back.

Old 08-09-2008, 01:24 AM
1st Gear Member

who out there plays the stock market?

Not me..... I invest in it methodically and rather boringly....look up "dollar cost averaging" for starters.....but I do time that approach by putting more in during times like right now and less during times like 10 months ago when the market was breaking new highs.....but overall every month a check goes in.

Now the question is ....... do you want to gamble or invest for the long term...if it is the latter I will be more than glad to help get started with the goal of creating a portfolio down the road...remember baby steps. Btw I know my sheet....my pop owns a financial planning firm.

Old 08-10-2008, 04:44 AM
1st Gear Member

Yea, I lost a lot of money when Pacific Gateway Exchange (PGEX, who is now out of business) ended up costing me everything I had.

http://www.forbes.com/communications...2disaster.html

Last edited by rocketrotary; 08-10-2008 at 04:49 AM.
Old 08-10-2008, 08:14 AM
1st Gear Member

damn man, that blows

Quick Reply: who out there plays the stock market?