Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

The White Dog And The Motorcycle Wreck

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 04:52 PM
1st Gear Member
Default The White Dog And The Motorcycle Wreck

Probably becauseI have always beleived in the supernatural, Ihave had some weirdunexplainable experiences. I thought I would share this true story with you all.

When I was 16 years old, I would ride along a road south of Muskogee Oklahoma every night after I had finished my home work to see my girfriend. It was a creepy road with large elm trees that shaded all of the moonlight and made it seem like an erie tunnel. It would get very cold while riding through that 2 mile stretch, way colder that most normal low spots that you can feel when riding motorcycles, but it was the shortest route to and fromLisa's house.
One Friday night about 10:30 I had left her house and was heading home when out of the corner of my eye, I saw something large and white run out of the trees. It startled me as I was trying to set up for the mild curve ahead. After I was around the curve I slowed down and looked back but nothing was there. I figured that since it was ahead of the curve, it was just out of sight by now. I never thought much about it except for wondering what it was.
Two weeks later, I stayed at Lisa's house until about 11:45 and decided that I had better head home before my Dad starts to get pisssed. When I came to that same spot where I seen the white thing two weeks before, I saw a huge white dog run to the side of the road and when I got even with him, he charged at me and my bike and appeared to try and bit my leg. I jerked my leg up as high as I could, downshifted and gave the bike all of the throttle it had trying to get out of this things way. It almost gave me a heart attack. After I escaped from the dog I again looked back and nothing was there.
After that I started going a different route for a while but soon more or less forgot about the experience.
About a month later, I stayed at Lisa's house way too late and decided to go down that road again, so my Dad wouldn't kill me for staying out too late. Right before I got to that spot in the road, I got this really creepy feeling which is hard to describe, and really wanted to turn around. But being an over confident kid I kept going.
Just before that same curve, that damn dog ran out of the woods, and leaped as though it was going for my throat. I let go of the handlebars in an effort to protect myself, and wiped out in the curve. It took me around 10 minutes to shake off the wreck and regain my composure.
I was just bruised up and freaked out, and did not seem to have any severe injuries except for a lot of gravel rash and a sprained ankle. I lit up a cigarrete and just set there for a few minutes thinking about what had just happened. I then picked my bike, kicked it over, and luckily it started andwhen I turned on the lights, I could see some red eyes in the woods where my light was shining. I turned around and went back home the long way.
The next day I rode back to that road and saw an old man sitting on the porch of a nearby ricketyold house. I rode up his driveway and walked up to where he was sitting. I told him my name and where I lived and went on to explain to him what had happened on the road just past his house. I also ask him if he knew who owned a large white wolf like dog that could have tried to attack me and hadcaused me to wreck.
The old man sort of went pale, then explained that in 1957, a young man on a motorcycle haddied in the middle of that curve and that a large white dog was found dead just behind where he had crashed.
I dont know if that dog was real or some kind of spirit, or if the old man was just freaking me out,but I never rode down that road again. I do know what I saw!

Old 04-18-2008, 04:58 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: The White Dog And The Motorcycle Wreck

hmm sounds alot like the trucker movie with Jan micheal vincent called "black dog". nice story tho worlock, thanx for sharing

PS. that chick looks like a man,imo

Old 04-18-2008, 05:20 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

I thought Black Dog was a Patrick Swayze movie. Or was it the name ofKeanu Reeves band? Now I'm confused. Oh and warlock if you're gonna share stories like this one (This was a great one by the way) you have got to give more details about the bike. I mean come on, you have to know that we are more interested in what bike and year it was than some white devil dog right? And why were you smoking at the same time period as you had homework. Don't you know smoking is bad for your health.[8D]

Old 04-18-2008, 05:25 PM
1st Gear Member

Oh wait, his band was called Dogstar, never mind. Oh and Black Dog was also a great Led Zeppelin song. In fact here is a great link.

Sorry in advance about the thread jack, but come on its the LED

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9i2fqxSjTI

LED ZEPPELIN RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-18-2008, 05:27 PM
1st Gear Member

Cool the Zoo did it too, oh and that singer is now the front man for Journey. They found him on youtube. The guy is awesome.

Old 04-18-2008, 05:28 PM
1st Gear Member

Deej,

The motorcycle was an old 69 Superglide that leaked more oil than the gas it used. And I was a punk from the wrong side of the tracks and started smoking at about 13 years old. I was lucky in the fact that I had a loving family and we always had a roof over our heads and food on the table. We were just poor people but we were happy, probably because there were 7 kids in the family. Me and six sisters.

Old 04-18-2008, 05:29 PM
1st Gear Member

Look up the zoo on youtube, I promise you will be taken back in time to some of the best classic rock songs ever. Those guys are mega tallented. I just wish I could remember one song on the BASS.

Old 04-18-2008, 05:30 PM
1st Gear Member

Ok back to the story, true or not, you need to be getting paid for writing. Seriously man.

Old 04-18-2008, 05:32 PM
1st Gear Member

6 sisters? Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutal!! Did they dress you up? come on man just let it out, we won't judge.[8D]

Old 04-18-2008, 05:38 PM
1st Gear Member

Something like this?

Quick Reply: The White Dog And The Motorcycle Wreck