Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Where I've been.

Old 07-02-2008, 05:20 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Where I'

honestly, ive never noticed a couple lbs anyway.... like some weeks ill just be super lazy and not go to the gym all week, and instead just sit infront of the tv drinking dr.pepper and monster, eat everything in the house, and dominate ps3 games online. and after all that i put on "alot" of weight, like 10-12lbs but i burn it fast to.. half week-week of gym and a little less food and im back to where i started.

point of that story: i never have any idea ive gained/lost around 10lbs until i step onto a scale... it takes like 15-20 to notice

Old 07-10-2008, 06:37 AM
The Dude
1st Gear Member

well I had my orintation apointment thing today. I was 268 yesterday and with the clothes I had on was at 278 for their offical weight in. After hearing about both surgerys the by pass and the lap band I need some time to think about it. They went over all the things they will do and what it will be like after the surgery. The things you can and can't eat. So I need to really think hard about if I want it or not. If I don't get it I can just keep busting my @ss working out and see where it gets me, or I can get the surgery and it would change the way I eat and what I can eat for the rest of my life.

Old 07-10-2008, 06:54 AM
1st Gear Member

Hardly seems worth it. Besides, working out releases the happy juices in your brain that makes you feel bette. Just my $0.02

Old 07-10-2008, 07:04 AM
1st Gear Member

yeah, i dont think i could put a big no sign on half the food in my life. both sides have their arguements, but if you have a slow as ***** metabolisim the lapband is prob the way to go. but judging by th pics you posted earlier the eating good and working out are really working well for you, if you keep that up until your weight is where you's like it to be, then you can let go and relax a bit, cus then youll only have to maintain a steady weight, not loose excess.

lil' advice i picked up in c-level health class... iodine. ever realise that most (native) aisain's are really skinny?? its because of all the iodine in their food. they eat an abnormaly large amount of seafood and that contains a ton of iodine, and iodine is the chemical that puts your thyroid gland into overdrive. the thyroid is the thing that controlls your metabolisim and energy storage (fat). so if you want a slight advantage, mix some sushi in with the gym. and if you dont like sushi, try some other forms of non-fried fish/seafood.