Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

What I have been up to lately

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 06:56 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default What I have been up to lately

Well when you think about it not too many people would get as excited about a new garage door as I would, but then again I'm not like most people. After living in this house for 8 year, this year seems to be turning into the year of projects. First it was the 200 ft of fencing, and now the new garage doors. Next on the agenda is new flooring in the front room and hall, painting two of the bedrooms, and then this summer we are going to paint the whole house. If you look at one of the pictures you can see the new wood box and matching kindling box I made a few weeks ago. Those will be the new house colors. So anyway without further delay (didn't know how to spell adieu) here is the project. And yet I still seemed to find time to post in here and devote some time keeping an eye on you monkeys.[8D]

This first picture is when I started to take the old swing up door with no opener apart. Gotta love the 60's

Old panels coming out.

Jacked up the old header and screwed and glued a 3/4 piece of plywood on, it not going anywhere now.

The bikes waiting patiently outside.

Old doors screwedback on in reverse to keep the meth heads out

New door from the inside after it was framed in and set in place. I went to another garage that had a new commercial door like this one and took like 40 pics so I could figure it all out.

Getting trimmed out and painted.

Going down

Back in the stable.

The two best parts of the whole project. Now I won't have to get off the bike to open that old worn out swing up door anymore. [sm=icon_rock.gif]Check out the key FOB for the bike.

Outside entry panel

Check out the man door. That's a built in mini blind inside the window, makes it easier to keep clean. [8D]

Custom bumper to keep the door nice

Yea, yea, yea, I know I have had ride reports shorter than this, but shoot I can't help showing it off. I am proud of myself considering I have never installed one of these. Now it will be sweet leaving and coming back hitting the remote and slipping into the bat cave.

Old 03-10-2008, 07:53 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: What I have been up to lately

very nice!

you wanna come do my 3 shop doors that fall and hit me in my head occasionally?

not the most polite thing to have happen when you're already mad at something, or are trying to keep your own local meth heads out.. lol

i feel compelled to go snap pics of the conduit i ran and all the electrical stuff and all i put in the shop.. as well as the 7 bikes in there..

Old 03-10-2008, 09:43 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

looks good man. wanna come help me with mine...

Old 03-10-2008, 01:39 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

good job deej!

Old 03-10-2008, 01:44 PM

nice work

Old 03-10-2008, 01:57 PM
1st Gear Member

i wish i was just had an ounce of handyness that deej had

Old 03-10-2008, 03:19 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: whitehendrix

very nice!

you wanna come do my 3 shop doors that fall and hit me in my head occasionally?

not the most polite thing to have happen when you're already mad at something, or are trying to keep your own local meth heads out.. lol

i feel compelled to go snap pics of the conduit i ran and all the electrical stuff and all i put in the shop.. as well as the 7 bikes in there..
Nice, I would love to see your conduit work. I used to bend that stuff perfectly, in fact one year I bet I ran 10 miles of that stuff, I used to know all the tricks to saddle and offset and back to back, but here if I'm lucky I run 10 ft every other year. I remember just enough to be dangerous.

Old 03-10-2008, 03:20 PM
1st Gear Member

Good work Deej! looks like you've already been busy

Old 03-10-2008, 04:24 PM
1st Gear Member

Looks really good, I will be putting down tile today.[&o] As well as painting this month and updating the bathroom. It seems as though the projects never end.

Old 03-10-2008, 07:23 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Merdox

Looks really good, I will be putting down tile today.[&o] As well as painting this month and updating the bathroom. It seems as though the projects never end.
tell me about it - i started building this addition on my house over a year ago. finally on the sheetrocking phase now (of course i did more than triple the floorspace and am remodeling the old house as well, basicly built a house while living in it)

Quick Reply: What I have been up to lately