Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

What ever happened to respect?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 08:21 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default What ever happened to respect?

So about half way through the summer, I was riding around town, and had this kid, probably around 13 or 14 throws something at me from his porch, while I was on the bike and his mom was standing right next to him. I turned around right in the middle of the street and rode right up to the porch and asked him if he threw something at me and before he could say anything his mom looked at him and said I told you not to throw it. What a nice mom sheesh. Well all this week its early release days at school and so kids are all over the place when I came home for lunch.

After lunch I decided to head back up town and about 2 blocks from my house there is a group of 5 or 6 kids walking down the street, same age bracket, and one of them decides to throw something at me. Again I spun around (pulled a nice wheelie by the way) rode up to them and 3 of the kids bailed into the bushes. I said in a calm manner who threw something at me, and all three of them said the same name, which by now was the only kid still hiding in the brush, and I said what are you going to do hide in there all day?

And apparently he was, so I said I will be watching for you guys again, and I will stop and talk to you again. I gave them the traditional "do you know how dangerous is is to throw something at someone on a motorcycle" speech. But is it just me or have things really changed since I was a kid? At 13 I was afraid to even look wrong at anyone older than me let alone say or do something like that. If I find out who the kid was, I'm going to pay his parents, (most likely parent) a visit and see whats up with that. [:@] Who know he will most likely be making my Big Mac one day so I should try and be somewhat civil right?

Old 10-25-2007, 08:24 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: What ever happened to respect?

Well Deej, when you were that age, you looked up to the older people, because they are the ones that protected you kids from the dinosaurs and sabre-tooth tigers!

Old 10-25-2007, 08:30 PM
1st Gear Member

My GF says bring a bag of rocks with you and throw them at the kids as you drive by

Old 10-25-2007, 08:31 PM
1st Gear Member

HAHAHA!

Deej ride a wheelie

Old 10-25-2007, 08:32 PM
1st Gear Member

Ride with that giant bear pistol you have and scare them with it...and enjoy your stay in jail

Old 10-25-2007, 08:33 PM
1st Gear Member

+1

Old 10-25-2007, 10:27 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rocketrotary

Well Deej, when you were that age, you looked up to the older people, because they are the ones that protected you kids from the dinosaurs and sabre-tooth tigers!
Oh BURN!!!............Harsh

Old 10-25-2007, 10:29 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Will Shoe

HAHAHA!

Deej ride a wheelie
Ok that's it, it looks like I need to put up or shut up. Stay tuned for a wheelie video from the deej. Coming soon to a theatre near you.

Old 10-25-2007, 10:33 PM
1st Gear Member

Deej,I hear what your saying about these young punks.I still to this day refer to some of the older people in town as Mr. or Mrs. and it's normal to me,these kids have no respect at all.I guess all the time outs and nice talks from the parents will never replace the old fashioned belt beatings we had.

Old 10-25-2007, 10:36 PM
1st Gear Member

+ 1 on discipline.......no FN not that kind.[8D]

Quick Reply: What ever happened to respect?