Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Well this is off topic for sure!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 09:13 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Well this is off topic for sure!

ORIGINAL: srobak

If it weren't for that pushbar on the truck - the front of it would have folded up like a coke can and the bear would have rolled right over the hood, windshield, and roof, crushing the occupants. Cool stuff...
Which is why I'm glad I got a real truck, crumple zones are for wusses.

Old 11-20-2007, 09:14 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej

ORIGINAL: Merdox

Being a grizzly you can't keep him if you do kill him by accident, and you can't hunt them. As far as other game like deer and such you can't keep them either even if you do hit and kill them with you car. When I lived in Kentucky they had a law saying if you hit it and killed it with your car you could take it home and eat it. Needless to say there were some rednecks that were taking advantage of that.
You can't hunt Grizzly at all? I thought it was ok in places like Alaska and Canada.
I am pretty sure that they are protected here in the USA. Which means you can't shoot it, and if you do and don't tell a game warden you are looking at some huge fines and or jail time. They don't play around here in Montana. I am not sure about Canada, then again who is?

Old 11-20-2007, 09:18 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Prom

Which is why I'm glad I got a real truck, crumple zones are for wusses.
Of course your are referring to a Dodge right? (Oh no he di'int) If you can't Dodge it, Ram it!!

edited because I'm retarded.

Old 11-20-2007, 09:21 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Merdox

are you saying 3 guys were riding and one hit a bear or that they wanted to take him out and figured one wasn't enough so they slamed in one after another?
lol.....Or maybe the three bikers were riding in a row and they all slammed into it at once
The first would turn his head, the second would push him back, but the third would just **** him off

Old 11-20-2007, 10:04 PM
1st Gear Member

are you saying 3 guys were riding and one hit a bear or that they wanted to take him out and figured one wasn't enough so they slamed in one after another?
here is the link:

http://www.news4jax.com/news/13777888/detail.html

Old 11-21-2007, 12:12 AM
1st Gear Member

Here in Maine and just across the border in New Hampshire,If you hit it you own it.My brother has taken more than one road kill that he has seen hit and the people didn't want.

Old 11-21-2007, 02:14 AM
1st Gear Member

Of course you can hunt grizzly bears...

http://www.alaskatrophyadventures.co...ar_hunting.htm

Old 11-21-2007, 03:12 AM
1st Gear Member

If that were me I would have that thing stuffed and mounted in my living room where I would tell the harrowing story of how I killed it with nothing but a pocket knife and testicular fortitude. Pitting my own will to live against the bear's hunger and rage. Ultimately coming out on top through sheer force of will. A testament to my mastery of natures fury.

Old 11-21-2007, 03:16 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Deuce

If that were me I would have that thing stuffed and mounted in my living room where I would tell the harrowing story of how I killed it with nothing but a pocket knife and testicular fortitude. Pitting my own will to live against the bear's hunger and rage. Ultimately coming out on top through sheer force of will. A testament to my mastery of natures fury.
Yea I guess that would be another way to go.[8D] Tell me more of this "testicular fortitude" that's a new term to me.

Old 11-21-2007, 03:33 AM
1st Gear Member

Cajones. *****. Guts. Bravery. Only I like the term testicular fortitude. I think I got it from a movie.. I wanna say Full Metal Jacket, but I'm not sure.

Quick Reply: Well this is off topic for sure!