Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Well this is off topic for sure!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 08:29 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default Well this is off topic for sure!

A friend of mine sent me this series of pictures from the net somewhere. In Washington I'm pretty sure if you hit an animal you can't keep it, but this was in Montana and I'm not sure what the rules are there. How would you love to come across something like this out in the woods. I think even my Ruger 44 mag pistol would run and hide.

Sorry in advance if anyone is grossed out by this sort of thing. I respect nature and I also took up hunting this year, so I mean no disrespect in showing these. The caption just read Montana Grizzly Bear.

Scroll down.

Old 11-20-2007, 08:39 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Well this is off topic for sure!

Imagine hitting that on your bike. After you flew off it would chase you down and eat your face.

That thing would go in my living room, I dont care what the woman says.

Old 11-20-2007, 08:50 PM
1st Gear Member

What are the odds of that happening? Ahh, the circle of life continues. Bear is good..tastes like roast beef.

Old 11-20-2007, 08:50 PM
1st Gear Member

here in florida 3 bikers hit a a black bear a couple of months ago

Old 11-20-2007, 08:54 PM
1st Gear Member

are you saying 3 guys were riding and one hit a bear or that they wanted to take him out and figured one wasn't enough so they slamed in one after another?

Old 11-20-2007, 09:05 PM
1st Gear Member

Being a grizzly you can't keep him if you do kill him by accident, and you can't hunt them. As far as other game like deer and such you can't keep them either even if you do hit and kill them with you car. When I lived in Kentucky they had a law saying if you hit it and killed it with your car you could take it home and eat it. Needless to say there were some rednecks that were taking advantage of that.

Old 11-20-2007, 09:06 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Prom

are you saying 3 guys were riding and one hit a bear or that they wanted to take him out and figured one wasn't enough so they slamed in one after another?
lol.....Or maybe the three bikers were riding in a row and they all slammed into it at once

Old 11-20-2007, 09:07 PM
1st Gear Member

I got to try bear peperoni a few weeks ago, and I have to say it was the best tasting peperoni I have ever eaten. How can I ever go back to store bought garbage. Oh and last week I got to try deer summer sausage, and well lets just say regular store meat will never even come close. I wish I lived 150 years ago. (insert old joke here)

Old 11-20-2007, 09:08 PM
1st Gear Member

If it weren't for that pushbar on the truck - the front of it would have folded up like a coke can and the bear would have rolled right over the hood, windshield, and roof, crushing the occupants. Cool stuff...

Old 11-20-2007, 09:11 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Merdox

Being a grizzly you can't keep him if you do kill him by accident, and you can't hunt them. As far as other game like deer and such you can't keep them either even if you do hit and kill them with you car. When I lived in Kentucky they had a law saying if you hit it and killed it with your car you could take it home and eat it. Needless to say there were some rednecks that were taking advantage of that.
You can't hunt Grizzly at all? I thought it was ok in places like Alaska and Canada.

Quick Reply: Well this is off topic for sure!