Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Waterboarding, is it torture?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 05:05 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by zzrick
Yeah, waterboarding is terrible. We Americans are brutal monsters...

Take a step back and think about Nick Berg, and the others who have had their heads removed by these guys. They are lucky they only get waterboarding, and they are lucky that we are civilized enough to obey the laws of war. Otherwise I would have just beaten intel out of the a-holes I arrested in Iraq that I KNEW had blown up my friends with IEDs, RPGs, or had taken shots at me with their crappy AK (Thank God they are terrible shots for the most part). Of course, if we didn't maybe Matt Maupin would still be alive. It is no secret here, I hate those bastard terrorists. We use that technique to get high value intelligence from combatants. They kill to make a f'ed up video they can send to AL Jazeera so their buddies can see it. I get so mad when I watch the news and everyone wants to let them free and make nice. What about all of the civilians killed on 9/11? What about their promise not to stop until they end our way of life? All of these whiny people like Pelosi on TV need to tighten up their huggies and get ready, because if we continue to operate on the assumption that we need to befriend these guys it is going to get rough soon.

Sorry...but man this stuff pisses me off.
You've nothing to be sorry for bro. It pisses me off too. Congressional committees began being briefed by the CIA on the waterboarding and other interrogation techniques as early as 2002. Congressional Democrats had few objections then but changed their tune a few years down the road to fit a shifting political agenda.

Mike