Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Waterboarding, is it torture?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 03:27 PM
1st Gear Member

Probably wouldn't bother me, I'm already crazy!

Old 05-14-2009, 10:29 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nobrakes
KDXmike, I never said I empathized with terrorists.
I know you don't empathize with terrorists. I was speaking in general about the conversations I've heard on the news, not about you.

If someone would have told me on 9/12/2001 that water boarding terrorists was "controversial" I'd never have believed it.

Mike

Old 05-15-2009, 01:07 AM
1st Gear Member

Hell, when I first heard about waterboarding, I thought it was like a wake board that you pulled behind a boat!

Old 05-15-2009, 05:17 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Worlok14
Hell, when I first heard about waterboarding, I thought it was like a wake board that you pulled behind a boat!
Waterboarding is kids play compared to what has occurred in previous wars. It's really naive to think that suddenly harsh interrogation methods just apeared out of nowhere because there happened to be a Republican in the White House. The truth is that these types of interrogations are as old as war itself, only they were worse when people actually felt threatened. This whole 'torture' nonsense is nothing more than partisan politics.

Obama could sign an executive order tomorrow that would de-classify the valuble information gleened from the enhanced interrogations methods and show how effective they were.

I work in Washington DC and I'm not prepared to be the victim of a terror attack because dripping water down the nose of a terrorist offends sombody's sensibilities.

Mike

Old 05-15-2009, 02:01 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

kill'em all let god sort them out. imo

Old 05-15-2009, 02:04 PM
1st Gear Member

I really dont think waterboarding would bother me! I have had water in my nose before, and I dont think that I would give up information about our country over that.

Old 05-15-2009, 02:21 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

one big parking lot.

Old 05-16-2009, 02:37 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Worlok14
I really dont think waterboarding would bother me! I have had water in my nose before, and I dont think that I would give up information about our country over that.
Riiiiight...tough guy. You think the CIA and whatever black ops are stupid....they don't do sheet like that for fun without RESULTS.

Never been close to drowning before huh.....well I have been surfing in 17'+ and thought it was over that time and many other times ....... and several times diving in the Bahamas....I personally know what a shallow water blackout could be like... and starving for O2 sucks, big time .....I grew up in da water.

Sometimes you guys sound like a bunch of 12 year olds.

Old 05-16-2009, 03:47 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Finger Mullet
Riiiiight...tough guy. You think the CIA and whatever black ops are stupid....they don't do sheet like that for fun without RESULTS.

Never been close to drowning before huh.....well I have been surfing in 17'+ and thought it was over that time and many other times ....... and several times diving in the Bahamas....I personally know what a shallow water blackout could be like... and starving for O2 sucks, big time .....I grew up in da water.

Sometimes you guys sound like a bunch of 12 year olds.
They could rip off my nails, whip me, water board me and make me listen to rap music and I'd tell them to go screw themselves. I'm American and they ain't gettin' any info out of me.

Not! Honestly I'd probably last about 20 seconds before I spilled the beans. This is what I meant about empathy though. Everyone mentally puts themselves in the waterboarding situation and says "gee I wouldn't want that to happen to me so I don't support doing it to others". Under normal circumstances that thinking is completely logical. But most of us have actual jobs that don't include murdering Christians, Jews and other Muslims who wrap their head scarves clockwise instead of counter-clockwise. So we can't understand the evil that drives these 'creatures from the black lagoon'.

Mike

Old 05-16-2009, 04:12 AM
1st Gear Member

Yeah, waterboarding is terrible. We Americans are brutal monsters...

Take a step back and think about Nick Berg, and the others who have had their heads removed by these guys. They are lucky they only get waterboarding, and they are lucky that we are civilized enough to obey the laws of war. Otherwise I would have just beaten intel out of the a-holes I arrested in Iraq that I KNEW had blown up my friends with IEDs, RPGs, or had taken shots at me with their crappy AK (Thank God they are terrible shots for the most part). Of course, if we didn't maybe Matt Maupin would still be alive. It is no secret here, I hate those bastard terrorists. We use that technique to get high value intelligence from combatants. They kill to make a f'ed up video they can send to AL Jazeera so their buddies can see it. I get so mad when I watch the news and everyone wants to let them free and make nice. What about all of the civilians killed on 9/11? What about their promise not to stop until they end our way of life? All of these whiny people like Pelosi on TV need to tighten up their huggies and get ready, because if we continue to operate on the assumption that we need to befriend these guys it is going to get rough soon.

Sorry...but man this stuff pisses me off.