Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

US - 9 out of 10 people have firearm

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 07:20 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: US - 9 out of 10 people have firearm

When I was on leave, it felt strange not carrying a weapon

Old 02-17-2008, 07:29 PM
1st Gear Member

I kinda figured that those numbers are pushed up by thefact that a lot of you have more then one gun. Sorbak, I bet you any money that at least half the people out there have a gun because of this paranoia, but its not because they thinktheir neighbours have a gun and are out to shoot them for playing music too loud, rather it's you thinking about how likely is it that a random event where you will find yourself in confrontation with a stranger will end up with them having a firearm and well, using it to back up their argument. I'll read that fact book, though I don't think it will swing me either way - the fact is you are less likely to get shot in a country where there are strict gun control rules, but then again this doesn't mean that theres less crime just because there is less guns. You might get stabbed instead and then you're just as dead.

Old 02-17-2008, 08:12 PM
1st Gear Member

Ok, I've read that fact book, focused on pages 10-13 about licensing guns. This is just quoting some selected facts taken out of wider context toback upa previously stated thesis. This will not convince me, I mean saying that gun registration will lead to gun confiscation and giving **** Germany as an example is sooo stretched - come on, those firearms were not confiscated because they were registered, rather it was the **** government wanting to make sure they were in total control of everything that went on in Germany at that time. Same with Soviet Georgia example.

Another "busted myth" is that registration did not stop use of unregistered weapons - well, duh, since theres so many of those things around, thats just the case "Large Numbers Law". The point of registration is to limit the number of guns, period. You may view you right to bear arms as your fundamental right and its OK, since you are a responsible and non violent individual (right? j/k ), but what I'm concerned about is the fact that some nut who draws swastikas on walls and dreams of gutting his classmates has that right too. You see where I'm getting.

Note there is no notion of hard statistical data on gun crime around the world (especialy in Europe and Japan) in corelation to accessability of firearms.

Old 02-17-2008, 08:34 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Finger Mullet

You forgot one additional stat Nik.... 8 out of 10 own multiple guns and 7 out of 10 own an assault weapon

It's our 1st amendment to the Constitution.....remember we're rebels from England....We will not allow our Government to get too powerful to dictate any rule against our Citizens.....kinda keeps Big Brother in check.

The government knows this and does not want 300 million ARMED citizen protesting and rebelling against the Washington.

Being from Poland you should fully understand the problem with an all powerful government and no checks from the people.
Yeah, even though we have all these guns we still have a screwed up government which is becoming more and more powerful and its citizens are becoming weaker and are more scared of the government than ever before! I think we all just need bigger ***** and start voicing our opinions more instead of buying a sh*t load of guns to kill our neighbors with when the whole structure falls apart - IMO!

Doug Stanhope says it best: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTOQhPd2Xh4

Old 02-17-2008, 08:36 PM
1st Gear Member

my american goverment teacher had a saying i really liked,

"if you outlaw guns only outlaws will have guns."

Old 02-17-2008, 09:38 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: niklucas
This will not convince me, I mean saying that gun registration will lead to gun confiscation and giving **** Germany as an example is sooo stretched - come on, those firearms were not confiscated because they were registered, rather it was the **** government wanting to make sure they were in total control of everything that went on in Germany at that time. Same with Soviet Georgia example.
True.....but if they did not know who had the guns how could they confiscate them.

ORIGINAL: niklucas
The point of registration is to limit the number of guns, period. You may view you right to bear arms as your fundamental right and its OK, since you are a responsible and non violent individual (right? j/k ), but what I'm concerned about is the fact that some nut who draws swastikas on walls and dreams of gutting his classmates has that right too. You see where I'm getting.
Registration does not affect the ability purchase a weapon, it documents the purchaser..... we recently had a college school shooting and the kid that did it was in his 20s no prior offences and passed the required background checks.....registration would have no effect on the outcome....besides even if he was denied see your quote below.

"Note there is no notion of hard statistical data on gun crime around the world (especialy in Europe and Japan) in corelation to accessability of firearms."

Old 02-17-2008, 09:42 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: klx250s_rider
Yeah, even though we have all these guns we still have a screwed up government which is becoming more and more powerful and its citizens are becoming weaker and are more scared of the government than ever before! I think we all just need bigger ***** and start voicing our opinions more instead of buying a sh*t load of guns to kill our neighbors with when the whole structure falls apart - IMO!

Doug Stanhope says it best: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTOQhPd2Xh4
True Dat Mark....Our Country is Becoming Seriously Pussified.

My post was a humble attempt to explain the INTENDED purpose of the First Amendment.

Old 02-17-2008, 09:47 PM
1st Gear Member

Acorrding to John Locke the government has a duty to protect the lives, property, and rights of its people and if the government fails at doing so, it is the civic duty of the people to rebel against the government.Every government fails at some point, andI dont want to go down with the ship.

Old 02-17-2008, 11:32 PM
1st Gear Member

Guns don't kill people... husbands that come home early do.

Old 02-18-2008, 02:22 AM

Heres mine

[IMG]local://upfiles/8317/6FA9A35F359247F5A6B77441CFDF4BE0.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/8317/9700963E399446F28D70B8C5311FA483.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: US - 9 out of 10 people have firearm