Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

University shooting.

Old 04-03-2007, 01:49 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default University shooting.

Wow I just got an e-mail from our dean. It happened at the University of Washington in Seattle. I'm glad I am 3 hours away from there. I'll take my one stop light town any day.

"
Dear Colleagues:
As many of you may have heard through the media, we had a shooting on campus this morning in Gould Hall, the home of the College of Architecture and Urban Planning. The shooting occurred in an office on the southeast corner of the fourth floor of the building. Two people have been killed, one of whom is the perpetrator. University police are investigating, but it appears to be a murder-suicide. The victim was a staff member in the college and the other individual had no affiliation with the University. No students were involved, and it appears that no one else was in danger.
President Emmert, who is still in India, has been informed of the shooting and is being kept apprised of developments.
Members of the UW community impacted by the double-shooting this morning in Gould Hall may avail themselves of a number of free services for crisis and grief counseling. Students may drop by the Student Counseling Center, located in Schmitz Hall, Room 401 to talk to trained counselors. In addition, both students and faculty/staff may go to the UW's Mental Health Clinic, located at Hall Health, 3rd Floor. Faculty and Staff may contact CARELINK, for immediate phone assistance or to schedule an individual appointment at 866-598-3978.
We will provide additional information as it becomes available."

[&o]

Old 04-03-2007, 01:50 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: University shooting.

http://www.komotv.com/news/6829097.html

Old 04-03-2007, 02:08 AM
The Dude
1st Gear Member

That sucks man.

Old 04-03-2007, 02:12 AM
The Dude
1st Gear Member

What pissed me off today was this
The person responsible for a fatal hit-and-run on westbound Interstate 80 this morning that left a 52-year-old Concord man dead abandoned the car in a nearby parking lot, police said.
A 1990 Honda Accord was found in the toll plaza parking lot just east of the Bay Bridge shortly after the 5 a.m. collision, said California Highway Patrol Sgt. R. Ross. Investigators were able to match evidence left at the scene of the accident with damage on the car, he said.
The Honda apparently was making a lane change about 300 feet east of the toll booths when it hit a Harley Davidson motorcycle being driven by Concord resident Timothy Haagensen, Ross said. The car struck the motorcycle on the driver's side door, Ross said, throwing Haagensen from his bike and killing him.
At least one person witnessed the collision, Ross said. Police have impounded the Honda and are working on several leads, he said. He declined to elaborate.
The driver may have called a friend to pick them up from the toll plaza, Ross said, noting that there is no pedestrian access to the parking lot.
Anyone with information on the crash should call the CHP at (800)
TELL-CHP.

What kind of person can just run some one over then take off.

Old 04-03-2007, 02:25 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: aszrael1266

What pissed me off today was this
The person responsible for a fatal hit-and-run on westbound Interstate 80 this morning that left a 52-year-old Concord man dead abandoned the car in a nearby parking lot, police said.
A 1990 Honda Accord was found in the toll plaza parking lot just east of the Bay Bridge shortly after the 5 a.m. collision, said California Highway Patrol Sgt. R. Ross. Investigators were able to match evidence left at the scene of the accident with damage on the car, he said.
The Honda apparently was making a lane change about 300 feet east of the toll booths when it hit a Harley Davidson motorcycle being driven by Concord resident Timothy Haagensen, Ross said. The car struck the motorcycle on the driver's side door, Ross said, throwing Haagensen from his bike and killing him.
At least one person witnessed the collision, Ross said. Police have impounded the Honda and are working on several leads, he said. He declined to elaborate.
The driver may have called a friend to pick them up from the toll plaza, Ross said, noting that there is no pedestrian access to the parking lot.
Anyone with information on the crash should call the CHP at (800)
TELL-CHP.

What kind of person can just run some one over then take off.
If you guys recall I just finished last month being on a jury that had convicted a 19 year old kid of a hit and run fatality, I asked myself that question every day since it ended. I suppose we would all be scared, but if you were not drinking then why would you run?[&o]