Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

TSA Screening Rant

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 04:32 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by deej
And we pay them for that too!!!!!
[quote=94Ninja250

Who here objects when a doctor asks you to disrobe, stand in front of him totally nude while he fondles your ***** and sticks a lubed finger up your butt? [/quote]

And when you feel both of his hands on your shoulders, ruuuuuuuuun! I think Deej would just keep backin up

Old 11-17-2010, 04:40 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Worlok14

And when you feel both of his hands on your shoulders, ruuuuuuuuun! I think Deej would just keep backin up
No I would be like Jason Bourne in the Bourne Identity, I would snap his neck before he had a chance to do anything.

Old 11-17-2010, 05:41 PM
1st Gear Member

@ 94Ninja250

There's a difference between someone you trust (your Doc) and someone you don't even know or trust (the Gov.) seeing you naked. In other words, I'd rather skinny dip with my close friends than random strangers, so to speak.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

--Benjamin Franklin, written shortly before Feb. 17, 1775, as part of his notes for a proposition at the Pennsylvania Assembly.

Old 11-17-2010, 06:19 PM
1st Gear Member

I see my doctor twice a year...he's hardly someone I'd consider to be in my trusted inner circle of friends. For all I know, he DOES get off on probing my butt with his finger. I guess that notion bothers some people more than others.

All I can feel is pity for anyone that uses these situations for their own personal gratification. In my humble opinion, TSA agents see so many people during the course of a day, I'd think they'd find it hard to get gratification from any of it.

Kinda like an idiot that gets into gynocology because he relishes the opportunity to stare at womens' crotches for a living. You know that after a while of doing that, day in and day out, a vagina is the last thing he's gonna look at voluntarily.

Even if everyones' worst fears are true and TSA employees are pointing, laughing or getting off to x-ray images of Joe & Jill blow, ...Isn't that just sad to you? It's hardly enough to make me stop flying and I hate to think that it affects anyone else in such a dramatic way.

Rude gate agents and flight attendants, and unsafe aircraft...now THAT will make me stop flying.

Old 11-17-2010, 07:43 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by JasonB
@ 94Ninja250

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

--Benjamin Franklin, written shortly before Feb. 17, 1775, as part of his notes for a proposition at the Pennsylvania Assembly.
Lol, how *essential* of a liberty could flying be, the quote is attributed in 1775, long before airplanes even were invented. And if flying is a right or liberty, how come you have to buy a ticket, you have pay for the right? If you have to pay for it, it's not really a right, is it? I wouldn't say that your so called *right* to not be checked for explosives before boarding a crowded airplane is an essential liberty. Again, your liberty or rights are not being taken away. Just don't fly. Take a boat, a train, a car, a motorcycle, a bicycle, hovercraft, pogo stick, or walk. You have lots of other options.

Old 11-18-2010, 01:20 PM
1st Gear Member

The liberty isn't flying. It's “the right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures.”

Former TSA administrator Mo McGowen said, "Nobody likes the 4th amendment being violated when going through the security line, but the truth of the matter is we are going to have to do it."

I agree with you NoBrakes. I won't be flying so much as I can avoid it (the military doesn't always give you the option).

But that leaves me with a few questions, for what other matters are we willing overlook our constitution?

And, more comically, when a terrorist is caught with a bomb in a body cavity, will flyers then be subject to mandatory body cavity searches before flying?

Is it okay to violate the constitution as long as it's in the name of the "greater good"?

@ 94ninja250. I'm sorry if I was so poor in communicating with you that you thought I would compare a doctor to a close friend. I meant that a doctor should be someone in whom you can put your trust. If he/she is not, you need to find a different doctor. Also, you don't have to have that invasive procedure done. Tell you doctor, and he/she will treat you to the best of their abilities with out doing what you don't want done. I don't think I can tell a TSA agent that they can search me as long as they don't grab my crotch!

Old 11-18-2010, 01:42 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by JasonB
Is it okay to violate the constitution as long as it's in the name of the "greater good"?
That happens a lot now. For example, you can't carry a gun in may locations, even though we have the 2nd amendment.

Also, what about the government seizing property that is for the greater good? Just hope they don't want to build a highway where your house is.

We're already there and have been for a long time.

Old 11-18-2010, 04:16 PM
1st Gear Member

In addition to the obvious desire to not fly with someone that intends to do bad things, there is a really big principle here...

The upcoming screening process will no longer have a simple metal detector line... you will be asked to waive your rights to unreasonable search (yes, it's unreasonable in the eyes of the law), and if you choose to assert your rights as an american citizen, you may be fined, and certainly will not be allowed on the plane. Seems like no big deal, but this is clear coercion (bad), and if fines are levied, it's extortion on the part of the government against it's citizens.

Yeah, fine, we can be the sheep we've always been, but to be honest, this has finally gotten my attention. So, let's ignore this completely... TSA thinks it's OK... what's to stop them from applying it to other forms of transportation... busses, trains, taxies... are we to accept always being presumed guilty?

The process is fundamentally messed up... are there better ones? What's wrong with the metal detectors that have been in use for the last few decades? How about providing passengers with tazers... I'm no security expert, nor am I an activist, but something stinks here, and for once I'm not going to ignore it.

Old 11-18-2010, 07:36 PM
1st Gear Member

Armed passengers and metal detectors don't address the problem. Plastic explosives, blasting powder, nitro glycerine (not widely used because of its instability), ammonium nitrate, and a host of other dangerous compounds are not found by metal detectors. So if it's missed at security and makes it way onto the plane, by the time a passenger or flight attendant realizes that a fuse has been lit, tazers, guns, or even a leather whip won't have any effect, as it's already too late. TSA (claims) they're looking for plastic bags, pvc cylinders, and non-metallic weapons - none of which are exposed by standard metal detectors.

Old 11-19-2010, 02:38 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

man i can't afford a plane ticket what a guy gotta do to get fondled around here?

Quick Reply: TSA Screening Rant