Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Truth or lie

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 05:09 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default Truth or lie

Saw this thread over on another bike forum, and thought I would see what crazy stories we could come up with here. So here is the first one, and then you guys have to call truth or lie. The first one to get it right gets to play next. Ok buckle up!

When I was 11 years old, I lived with my half brother's dad in a house with no bathroom, we had to use an outhouse in the back yard. Anyway one night while his dad was outside in the back using the toilet, his girlfriend's ex husband kicked the door in and grabbed her and slit her throat from ear to ear, and ran out the door. He had just got out of prison a week earlier and was casing the house waiting for the opportunity. As this was happening, myself and my younger brother were in a corner of the room screaming and frozen with fear. Step-dad came back in and held her juggler till the ambulance arrived 30 minutes later. His training in the navy paid off and she lived. I remember that the floor had a blanket sized puddle of blood on it. That was back in 1975...true story.....I never heard what happened after that since we got yanked to a foster home till my mom could get us as they were going through a divorce... Insert shock and disbelief here, cause I still do every time I think about it or tell others.... Even my cousin who is a Detective in Beaverton Oregon was shocked and one night we were telling stories and after I told him that he looked at me and said "you win"

Old 11-18-2011, 05:10 PM
1st Gear Member

Oh by the way, that story is me not about someone else, it has to be about you.

Old 11-18-2011, 05:16 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

using an out house in WA or OR....truth

because the taxes are so high for running water. If you have a view from your house, that is taxabale as well. So no outhouse windows are included. sheesh lol

Old 11-21-2011, 04:38 PM
1st Gear Member

Lie! Amiright?

Old 11-21-2011, 05:28 PM
1st Gear Member

When I was 21 years old, I did seismographic work for a company out of Tulsa Oklahoma. This job required me and my team member to go to many remote locations in Nevada, New Mexico, and Oregon. some locations that we were required to go were only accessible by hiking, and I mean for miles. Back then there were no GPS units available, so a topo map and compass was it.
We did carry very intensive survival packs that were heavy, but we were young and got used to the weight to the point that it really didn't bother us. We tried not to carry duplicate items in our backpacks except for the basics in case we got split up.
One time we were doing a survey near Jamos Springs New Mexico, and had our recorder located on Redondo Peak which was a 10,000 foot mountain. We hiked into the recorder location, and while we were there, the wind picked up a huge load of snow from the side of the mountain, and dropped it right accross the road where we had parked our truck. The truck was parked about 3 miles from the peak where the recorder was located.
We hiked back to the truck, and realized we were stuck on top of Redondo peak and 4 wheel drive was not going to get us out of this one. Since the road wound around the mountain, it was probably 15 miles just to get to the bottom of the mountain.
Cell phones didn't exist on those days, and all we had was a cheap CB radio in the truck, so we started hailing CB'rs on channel 19, and drinking peppermint schnops. We had around 8 fifths of peppermint schnops in the truck because we knew water would freeze, and the alcohol in schnops wouldn't let it freeze, so that was our logic for that!
On the third night after eating some world war 2 K-rations, we both drank 2 large bottles of schnops and were calling out on the CB hoping to get in touch with a trucker heading down I-25 to Albequerqe.
We finally got an answer from a trucker but the reception was so staticy, that we couldn't explain that we were stuck and where we were located before he faided out.
We were starting to run out of supply's, and began talking about trying to hike down the mountain which would have probably been a huge mistake. Besides after 2 fifths of schnops, I doubt that we were thinking clearly at that point. Since we had used most of the fuel in the truck trying to stay warm, and we didn't know how far down the mountain the snow was drifted up, we were starting to think that we could die on top of that mountain. We were beginning to really get scared!
I really dont know what would have happened to us, if Big Foot and his family hadn't have come by and pulled our truck through that 4 foot snow drift. We would probable still be there!

Old 11-22-2011, 03:25 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Worlok14
Lie! Amiright?
Unfortunately it is true, and might explain why I have never had memories below that age...

Old 11-22-2011, 04:44 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by deej
Unfortunately it is true, and might explain why I have never had memories below that age...
Wow, that would be some heavy stuff to experience as a young kid. Do you remember the details of the event, or did you block out the entire experience?

Old 11-22-2011, 08:49 PM
1st Gear Member

All I remember is what I wrote above, if I even bring it up my mom gets upset. The 70's... no seatbelts or warning signs, and we survived, I survived........that could have been a lot worse.....