Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

A tough decision.

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 03:35 AM
1st Gear Member
Default A tough decision.

so heres the deal. i absolutely love riding but im short on cash. im making payments for 130 a month on my bike plus 30 for insurance. making me kinda short on dinero. i got payed last friday and now i have 100 dollars for the rest of the week..till friday. i did have to pay 80 bucks for my brake bleeding which shorted me out a bit. i love to have fun but when i have no money then its not fun at all. i have bills (phone, cable, electric, rent, food, gas). i eat out a lot at resturaunts, which bringing my lunch to work or making one at home would be cheaper. i'm planning on selling my bike at the end of the season for two reasons. 1, because i dont feel like paying for something i cant use, and 2, because i could use the extra cash. since im so short right now im thinking about selling my bike right now. or maybe just paying the august part of it then sell it in september. my g/f thinks i should sell it now. a part of me wants to, but the other part wants to ride some more. i also want to buy a newer car. i drive a 1990 toyota corolla but i want to buy a 4cyl tacoma or something like that. right now im just stuck in a rut living paycheck to paycheck and im sick of it. i like having extra cash to spend on whatever. what do you guys think?

Old 08-04-2008, 03:45 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

ouch, sorry to hear the bad news. Kinda your choice in keeping the ride.

Old 08-04-2008, 03:46 AM
1st Gear Member

i know...i plan on buying a new one next year. my tard friend just bought the same bike for 4200.. i bought ine for 3500. maybe i could sell it for 3900 but book is 3680 or something

Old 08-04-2008, 04:20 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

If I couldn't ride, I would rather be dead.

Keep the bike, sell the g/f. LOL

Old 08-04-2008, 04:24 AM
1st Gear Member

lol then im even more f***ed. then i pay the whole of everythign..cable phone rent food. besidt out.ant ride int he winter...maybe ill stick it out. i wanna ride forever but i just need the cash...and if i had a longer loan term..right now its 2years. if it were 4 then i could pay it off slower with more cash in hand

Old 08-04-2008, 04:27 AM
1st Gear Member

Sell the g/f for enough to pay off the bike, and find a new roomate!

Old 08-04-2008, 04:28 AM
1st Gear Member

Seriously, see if you can get a 4 year loan to pay off the bike.

Old 08-04-2008, 04:32 AM
1st Gear Member

you could pull my route....

i make 6.50 an hour at a family run convinence store about 16-17 hrs a week. after taxes thats about 80 a week it costs 60 to fill the lumina (lasts like 8 days of min. driving >:|

so, for x-tra cash i put out handyman ads on the resume section of craigslist, for contractors with a sick employee of some ****. it pays real well and in cash, only down side is its not garunteed and i work on call. you could ride your bike to that

if you really wanted to....

Old 08-04-2008, 04:37 AM
1st Gear Member

gotta do what ya gotta do

Old 08-04-2008, 04:38 AM
1st Gear Member

Thats a tough one and in the end you are going to have to make the call. My .02 is keep the corolla and drive it until it dies. Gas isn't getting any cheaper and the Tacoma is going to suck down more gas making you put out more money. Try not eating out so much and like you said pack a lunch. It takes a little more time but in the end you will save money. Try this for a month and see how much money you save.

Another idea might be to stretch out your payment on your bike. For example if it is on a three year payment plan try pushing it to five. You will pay a little more in intrest but it will put more money in your pocket now. In the end if you have to sell the bike then do it, get yourself squared away with the finances and get another one.

Quick Reply: A tough decision.