Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Time machine

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 01:30 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default Time machine

Talking about video games from the past got me thinking about other stuff, so grab a seat and hang on, because we are about to take a journey back in time to a forgotten place called the 80's & 90's. I was home for lunch today and started looking at some old photo albums and ran across a few pictures from the past. And since I have this great all in one printer (the Canon MP 830) I decided to see how these would turn out. And surprisingly not too bad. Keep in mind these were taken before digital cameras were all the rage......or under $1000.00.OK so oldest picture first, I'm guessing on the dates, but this one is another picture I found of my first car, in fact I didn't even know I still had one.

Name:  71Firebirdedited.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  46.4 KB

This was sometime in 1983, and a funny story goes along with it. You see we all had hammer pants or parachute if you will, and if you didn't then you weren't cool So anyway a few months before this picture was taken I went to a swap meet in Tacoma and bought these crazy pants. Fast forward and I headed down to Longview to look for work (not wearing those of course[8D]) I get to my Uncle's house and get out of the car, only to find my cousin and a friend of his wearing the very same pants, and even funnier, my Aunt bought the material and made the ones they were wearing. We still laugh about it.
Name:  Wildpants.jpg
Size:  83.6 KB

Ok remember that Ford Ranger I was talking about with the crazy paint and stripping? And the Quad that I painted with hot pink, well here it is!!!! Again what was I thinking? This was in 1988.
Name:  FordRanger.jpg
Size:  73.2 KB

This one is of my Nephew in 1994, remember when it was funny taking a picture of a baby with a beer bottle near him while he was sleeping? Well its still funny, only now you have to be careful or CPS will jump all over it.
Name:  Beerbaby.jpg
Size:  134.9 KB

1995: I found a couple of pics of the 1981 Yamaha 750, I forgot how nice and clean it looked, why did I sell it?
Name:  Yamaha.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  98.4 KB

1998, 40 lb king: I know its a little dark, but I smoked it anyway.
Name:  40lbking.jpg
Size:  141.1 KB

Christian wasn't really impressed, he was like a year old. He's 10 now.
Name:  FishChristian.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  117.2 KB

Well that's it, ok next stop back to reality.[8D]

Old 09-19-2007, 01:49 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Time machine

Awwww. Nostalgia is awesome. I remember begging my mom for hammer pants. I also remember getting a pair of parachute pants for Christmas one year. Great pics Deej.

Old 09-19-2007, 02:15 AM
1st Gear Member

I had the hammer pants in the 3rd-4th grade lol. What were we thinking back then?[&:]

Old 09-19-2007, 02:20 AM
1st Gear Member

Remember the T-shirts that changed color? What did they call them? Tempercolor.... right?

Old 09-19-2007, 02:21 AM
1st Gear Member

i dont remember havin them but nice pics deej

Old 09-19-2007, 04:21 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BlackNinjaZX6R

i dont remember havin them but nice pics deej
This post reminded me of a good song that came out last year.

I saw Star Wars at least 8 times
Had the pac-man pattern memorized
And I've seen the stuff they put inside
Stretch Armstrong

I was Roger Stauback back in my back yard
Had a shoebox full of baseball cards
And a couple of Evil Kinevil scars
On my right arm
Well, I was a kid when Elvis died
And my mama cried

Chorus:
It was 1970- something
In the world that I grew up in
Farrah Faucett hair-do days
Bell bottoms and 8-track tapes
Lookin' back now I can see me
And oh, man did I look cheesy
But I wouldn't trade those days for nothin'
It was 1970-something

It was the dawning of a new decade
When we got our first microwave
And Dad broke down and finally shaved
Those sideburns off
I took the stickers off of my Rubix cube
Watched MTV all afternoon
My first love was Daisy Duke
In them cut off jeans
A Space Shuttle fell out of the sky
And the whole world cried

Chorus:
It was 1980-something
Skating rinks and Black Trans Ams
Big hair and parachute pants
It was 1980-something

Now I got a mortgage and an SUV
But all this responsibility
Makes me wish sometimes
Sometimes....

chorus:
It was 1980-something
Skating rinks and Black Trans Ams
Big hair and parachute pants
It was 1980-something

1970-something
Aw, it was 19-Something

Old 09-19-2007, 04:26 PM
The Dude
1st Gear Member

I still remember watching MTV and them showing music videos. i remember seeing flock of seagulls and duran duran videos . Now i'm feeling old. Thanks Deej

Old 09-19-2007, 04:31 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

hypercolor was the name. and i still got mine, and it still changes color
ORIGINAL: markmeinteil

Remember the T-shirts that changed color? What did they call them? Tempercolor.... right?

Old 09-19-2007, 04:34 PM
1st Gear Member

Yea MTV came to our town after it was on for a year, I guess we were a little behind, but I really liked it back then. Remember some of these? MTV is the reason I like U2 today.

This is a list of all the videos played on MTV's first day, August 1, 1981:
[ol][*]"Video Killed the Radio Star" by The Buggles[*]"You Better Run" by Pat Benatar[*]"She Won't Dance" by Rod Stewart[*]"You Better You Bet" by The Who[*]"Little Susie's on the Up" by Ph.D.[*]"We Don't Talk Anymore" by Cliff Richard[*]"Brass in Pocket" by The Pretenders[*]"Time Heals" by Todd Rundgren[*]"Take It on the Run" by REO Speedwagon[*]"Rockin' the Paradise" by Styx[*]"When Things Go Wrong" by Robin Lane and the Chartbusters[*]"History Never Repeats" by Split Enz[*]"Hold On Loosely" by 38 Special[*]"Just Between You and Me" by April Wine[*]"Sailing" by Rod Stewart[*]"Iron Maiden" by Iron Maiden[*]"Keep On Loving You" by REO Speedwagon[*]"Message of Love" by The Pretenders[*]"Mr. Briefcase" by Lee Ritenour[*]"Double Life" by The Cars[*]"In the Air Tonight" by Phil Collins[*]"Looking For Clues" by Robert Palmer[*]"Too Late" by Shoes[*]"Stop Draggin' My Heart Around" by Stevie Nicks and Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers[*]"Surface Tension" by Rupert Hine[*]"One Step Ahead" by Split Enz[*]"Baker Street" by Gerry Rafferty[*]"I'm Gonna Follow You" by Pat Benatar[*]"Savannah Nights" by Tom Johnston[*]"Lucille" by Rockestra[*]"The Best of Times" by Styx[*]"Vengeance" by Carly Simon[*]"Wrathchild" by Iron Maiden[*]"I Wanna Be a Lifeguard" by Blotto[*]"Passion" by Rod Stewart[*]"Oliver's Army" by Elvis Costello[*]"Don't Let Him Go" by REO Speedwagon[*]"Remote Control/Illegal" by The Silencers[*]"Angel of the Morning" by Juice Newton[*]"Little Sister" by Rockpile with Robert Plant[*]"Hold On to the Night" by Bootcamp[*]"Dreaming" by Cliff Richard[*]"Is it You?" by Lee Ritenour[*]"Tusk" by Fleetwood Mac[*]"He Can't Love You" by Michael Stanley Band[*]"Tough Guys" by REO Speedwagon[*]"Rapture" by Blondie[*]"Don't Let Go the Coat" by The Who[*]"Ain't Love a Bitch" by Rod Stewart[*]"Talk of the Town" by The Pretenders [/ol]

Old 09-19-2007, 04:35 PM
1st Gear Member

LOL look at all those links I pasted in there, that will keep you busy reminiscing for a while.[8D]

Quick Reply: Time machine