Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

THANKS NENA, WHY YOU SHOULD ALWAYS WEAR YOUR GEAR

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 12:18 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: THANKS NENA, WHY YOU SHOULD ALWAYS WEAR YOUR GEAR

not its not, she just got sucked off the bike because of the wind, if you read it she describes how it happened....

im glad u guys arnt mad that i posted it, i feel we all need remined once in a while, we are not indestructable... pass it along to all your riding buddies... its worth the time to read it .....
ORIGINAL: Notstock

This is the gal in the video on the back of a bike, when her bf tries to wheelie and she flies off. They were going about 50 and she was wearing small shorts and a t-top.

The healing process must have been agony I believe she. Glad she is back riding and wearing gear.

Old 10-17-2006, 12:29 AM

Yea...I found the article and thought I'd post it up on myspace. I tell you what, I give the girl props for getting back on a bike after this experience! Great reading..definately.

Old 10-17-2006, 12:31 AM

No..it's not the same girl . I thought the same thing, but after researching, I found out that it was not her. This girl was actually wearing more clothing than just shorts..but it goes to show that capris are not a wise choice when riding.
ORIGINAL: BIG V

good job guys on posting that sort of picture on here i think everyone needs to be reminded of the result of stupidity and natural accidents they do happen so its important to wear ur gear and this forum always reminds u and i love that about this place![sm=exactly.gif][sm=goodidea.gif][sm=groupwave.gif]

Old 10-17-2006, 01:02 AM
Super Moderator

yea must be a different chick here is what I found:

The story:

"Here's the jist of it: I was a passenger on my friend Sean's GXSR 750, we were going WAY fast on highway 550 (that means about 120mph), and my helmet visor flipped open, making me instantly un-aerodynamic, and ripping me off the back of the bike. I tumbled 522 feet down the highway and slid to a stop across the yellow lines at mile marker 8. The guy riding behind us said I looked like a bag of trash rollin' down the highway, and he had to swerve to avoid hitting me. I ended up on my stomach, with my right arm pinned underneath me and my left arm extended out onto the road. My clothes were shredded, my helmet was ****ed, and my shoes were gone... they had all been claimed by the cement. My injuries included, but were not limited to, 50 percent body coverage of third degree "pavement" burns , which we lovingly call "road rash." To get an idea of what this means, some of my bones, tendons, and even internal organs were exposed in several places, and chunks of muscle and skin were completly missing. I lost half of my left breast (which I still am sad about). I also dislocated my right big toe and severed all the tendons in my left pinky finger. However, I didn't break any bones whatsoever. This is probably because I let myself go limp, as I just wanted to die while I tumbled on the cement. The ambulance arrived 45 minutes later because we were out in the middle of nowhere (Indian Reservation!). Once the Paramedics realized the extent of my injuries, they called the helicopter out and flew me to UNMH, where I stayed until just yesterday. So, after 8 surguries and 2 long months in the hospital, I am happy to report that I am home and alright. But, I did have to learn to walk again, and my scars will never go away, and many scars I do have. As of now, I look pretty gross under my clothes, but my pretty face survived.

Of course, I do not regret getting on the bike because you never know when something like that could happen. It was a Sunday drive, and I was sober when I chose to ride. Nothing could have changed what happened or even warned me about the problem with my helmet. I only hope that poor Sean has stopped blaming himself and that he comes with me to Vegas for my birthday. It's amazing what you can learn about a person if you simply fall off their motorcycle. "

http://www.negativelight.net/images/random/gear/2.jpg

http://www.negativelight.net/images/random/gear/3.jpg

http://www.negativelight.net/images/random/gear/4.jpg

http://www.negativelight.net/images/random/gear/5.jpg

Old 10-17-2006, 01:26 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Stop that NS, I am cringing again! Ouch!

Old 10-17-2006, 02:10 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

sad part is, is she is a very pretty girl too.....

Old 10-17-2006, 02:15 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

ditto she's very cute.
ORIGINAL: EMS_0525

sad part is, is she is a very pretty girl too.....

Old 10-17-2006, 07:35 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

ATGATT ..... fo sho.

We all learn the hard way. unfortunatley...... Wear you gear. At least she did not lose a leg, etc....

Who said it last time? Imagine riding over a bridge with out gear, and dumping your sled, and sliding accross one of those metal drainage gates...

True Ems.....Same goes to you on that dirt rocket!!

Old 10-17-2006, 07:54 AM

this is not even a debate or a conversation wear ur gear or ur an idiot[:@] period

Old 10-17-2006, 12:55 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BigRig18Wheeler
True Ems.....Same goes to you on that dirt rocket!!
yea i do wear my stuff.... but its not really a rocket....lol.. only a 250 with low gearing, only goes about 70 tops... but its geared low enough to do wheelies no problem in second gear

it always amazes me when people dont wear a helmet, i can MAYBE understand not wearing full gear, but i always laugh when people dont wear a helmet... anyone watch mind of mencia? i like when he was talking about motorcycles and people that dont wear a helmet, he said that they havent figured out yet that the ground is harder than thier face... now thats just stupid..

Quick Reply: THANKS NENA, WHY YOU SHOULD ALWAYS WEAR YOUR GEAR