Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Taking a leave of absence....

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 04:48 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Taking a leave of absence....

sorry to hear about your news deej. will be here for ya, though.

Old 04-25-2008, 06:20 AM
1st Gear Member

We'll be here for you, deej.

Old 04-25-2008, 07:34 AM
1st Gear Member

my prayers go to him, you and your families.

one day at a time bro.. be strong for him. he can hear you when ya talk to him... trust me..

Old 04-25-2008, 02:51 PM
1st Gear Member

Sorry to hear this Bro. I am hoping that the new heart will start beating, and he will be able to go trail riding and camping with you again. I am not religious in the normal sense but I will pray in my own way that your friend will pull through and all will be happy again.
If nothing else, he is a fortunate man to have a friend as loyal as you.
Love ya Bro!..........take care

Old 04-25-2008, 03:36 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Thank you all for your words. I sent Kathy a message letting her know that all of the support here in this forum, even though I will probably never meet most of you has been tremendous. And it doesn't matter if you are a religious person or not. We all feel the pain of circumstances like this. We got the call this morning that he passed away. The Doctors said the surgery went perfect, and even they are besides themselves. I was tell Kathy that doctors and nurses are supposed to not get personally attached to their patients, but in Danny's case he infected everyone that came in contact with his personality. Even the Doctors and nurses cried with the family. Anyway its going to be the hardest weeks and months to come, but we have this family of Brothers and Sisters that is not unlike what we have here in this forum, all across the globe. Its called an international Brotherhood. Its almost unbelievable to those outside it. But no matter where we go, be it the next state over, the country or anywhere in the world, we have this network ofalmost7 million best friends that we can lean on. Anyway I just wanted to tell you all that every kind word in here for me personally is adding upto help in my own process. I was telling some of the friends, that the painful feeling of not knowing, of uncertainty, and the feeling of not being in control ofthis situation brought back some real bad feelings from when my first wife left me and I didn't know why, or where she was or what she was doing. That same sick almost debilitating feeling swept over me this week but after we got the call this morning, I sat there in bed thinking about all the awesome times I had with this guy, and what a privilege it was to know him, suddenly that feeling started to leave me. I guess itis the first step in the process. Anyway, thanks again all of you that wrote, and even for those of you that might not have written because its hard to know exactly what to say. Its OK, you all are great people. And as I said before, take the time to tell people how you feel, and not only with words, but actions. Younever know what tomorrow brings. The bible says,"time andunforeseen occurrences befall us all." And what that means is don't take anything for granted. I hope you all take this experience of mine or your own experiences and use it to remember what you have. Thanks again.

Old 04-25-2008, 03:42 PM
1st Gear Member

I am really sorry about your friend Deej, we are here for you

Old 04-25-2008, 03:42 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

celebrate his awsome life he had, dont think about him being gone....

Im so sorry deej, these things always get to me, i can go to a funeral and not even know the person and i see the family and friends so upset that i have to hold back tears.... Im sorry man. We are here for ya.

Old 04-25-2008, 08:43 PM
1st Gear Member

Deej,

The way you described this guy, he would not want you to be sad for long, that's the way good friends feel. I know if anything ever happens to me, I want people to celebrate my life and not my death. The best way to keep friends alive after their gone is through your memories. Just ride to the top of a mountain, and remember all the good times you had with him, and he will be there with you and you will know it.
Even death cannot seperate good friends...............I promise. When I go to the place where I scattered my best friends ashes, I can feel his presence and I talk to him. And when I leave, I feel as though I got to see him and I dont miss him as bad. And when I ride his Harley, it seems like he's there. Good friends live on in your soul and your memories.
Keep your chin up my brother.

Old 04-26-2008, 03:45 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

deej: That the same pic of your bud like maybe two yrs ago? Tough losing a friend. Hope that the family is doing ok.

Old 04-26-2008, 04:14 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

hang in there dee, were here when you need us.

Quick Reply: Taking a leave of absence....