Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

T E X T M E S S A G I N G

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 05:38 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: T E X T M E S S A G I N G

I text message while riding the bike! lol.....j/k

Old 11-01-2006, 05:46 AM
1st Gear Member

I have texted while riding....but I also have alot more drivers training than most people. I constantly talk on the phone while driving either in my car or the ambulance.

Old 11-01-2006, 06:28 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Good point TX...... But some people can't chew gum and walk, much less drive and text. lol lol

All the people should not get in trouble because of a couple of idiots. If you want to talk on your phone while driving, don't punish all of us, include that in the diving test?? lol

Old 11-02-2006, 12:05 AM
1st Gear Member

i actually did have that in a driving test....also included was talking on a radio, changing sirens, and changing radio stations.

Old 01-03-2007, 09:11 PM

I totally agree nobrakes.... I can have a smoke and drive just fine. I can't, however, manage a cell phone conversation--nontheless texting!--while driving. It's just that much a greater hindrance to my focus on the road and ability to manuever the wheel. I've texted in the car before: at a long red light. That's it. I refuse to answer my phone when I'm driving, and I have a really long commute to the shop from my apartment, so that's a good portion of my day that I'm not reachable. I hate the very concept of the social constraints being implicated by 'convient' devices like cell phones, but that's a rant I'll stay away from. If I'm having dinner, or taking a bath, or driving, I'm just not going to answer the phone. They were made for our convience, not someone elses. I live in Dallas, and I've seen people driving that were obviously on drugs affecting their brain chemistry, and in metro traffic, the suburbanite SUV idiots on their cell phones have posed a far greater threat to me. I can't tell you how many times some idiot has nearly slammed into the side of my friend's little econo-box while I was just trying to get to work. It's almost enough (but not enough!) to make me think I shouldn't get a bike until I live in the boonies somewhere. I'm definitely planning on taking the advanced MSF after completion of the beginner's course.

Old 01-03-2007, 09:25 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: GS247

You know what is funny is the show Myth Busters proved that it is more dangerous to drive while talking on a cell phone than it is to drive while intoxicated. I can not remember what the BAC was but is was well over the legal limit.

Another thing what the hell is up with California law makers? They just passed a law stating that it will be illegal to talk on a cell phone while driving UNLESS it is on hands free. WTF!!! Here is the kicker, the law doesn’t take effect for two years. Double WTF!!!!
[sm=signs006.gif]Gotta call BS on the myth busters, I have never had a problem driving and using the phone but do understand the fact that you are very distracted while doing this. I have how ever almost killed people while driving drunk, you are much more of a hazard DWI than talking on the cell phone.

The hands free law goes into effect 1-01-08, it will not help that much do to the fact that you are still distracted while dialing or trying to get the earphone or head set on.

Old 01-03-2007, 10:38 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Voice Dialing NS Voice Dialing.

Old 01-03-2007, 10:46 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: BigO

Voice Dialing NS Voice Dialing.
I have not tried it on my new crackberry but the last phone I had it sux for voice dialing. Would get it wrong 75% of the time.

Old 01-03-2007, 10:49 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

They are getting a bit better with it however if you still have any wind or other noise inthe background it will cuase it not to work.

Old 01-04-2007, 05:22 AM
1st Gear Member

Has everyone seen the bluetooth helmets that are being made. I know that Dainiese is making them, and Chatterbox is working on one. You'll have to recharge your helmet every night.