Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

In store robbery

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 07:34 PM
1st Gear Member
Default In store robbery

Well its been a couple of weeks since this happened and i cant remember if i told you guys this. I told you a few weeks ago that my old store got robbed and thankfully i wasnt there. Well the current store that i worked at got robbed.

IT was about 1130 at night and luckly i was at home. I get a phone call from the shift runner saying get ahold of becker(gm) the store got robbed. Isaid is everyone ok. He said no rick (driver) got shot. then i called becker and well i picked him up from his house cuz he had a few too many to drive on his day off. We get to the store

Well once we get there we found out what happened. the shift runner was making the deposit and the 2 closing drivers went out the back door to have a cig( very common thing for the drivers to do that cuz thats where our cars are parked) Well as soon as they open the back door the robber jumps out and puts a gun to the drivers head and gets them back inside the store. Well the he gets one drivers money gets the deposit and then asks for ricks wallet. rick refused and got shot and the robber left.

Well all of us are in the lobby waiting for crime scene to finish up what they were doing which wasnt much. after crime scene left we went to the back of the store and guess what we found THE BULLET. Well the bullet wasnt hard to find either. IE just under the kitchen table. Plain as day. Well they call crime scene back in and they take the bullet we go back in and find out that the bullet bounced off the floor and into ricks arm. Called crime scene back in.

Well basiclly csi charlotte is absolutly worthless. CSI dominos well isnt LOL. Oh and rick is fine.

Well the next morning i see 2 guys behind the store one was out of the car and one was looking around. GEE I WONDER WHAT They were lOOKING FOR HOW ABOUT A GUN. So i called the cops and they dint do sh*t. OH well everything is all hunky dorey. I was on the news too look up charlotte pizza man shot. I was in the yellow jacket. LOL

Old 04-11-2008, 07:52 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: In store robbery

wow bro! crazy stuff[&:]

Old 04-11-2008, 08:10 PM
The Dude
1st Gear Member

glad to hear your co worker is ok.

Old 04-11-2008, 08:20 PM
1st Gear Member

You guys need guns in that store dude!

Old 04-11-2008, 08:36 PM
1st Gear Member

Glad no one got seriously injured. I tried to google your pic but couldn't find it. I did see this story about another Domino's driver shooting a robber in Charlotte....almost sounds like Miami up there.

Posted on Thursday, January 10, 2008 9:05:38 AMCharlotte Observer

DA office will review evidence to see whether charges are warranted
A driver for Domino's Pizza fatally shot an armed robber Tuesday as he was delivering a pizza at an east Charlotte apartment complex, Charlotte Mecklenburg police said.

Demetrius Jerome Wright, who died at the scene, is one of two people who allegedly tried to rob the delivery man at the Green Briar Apartments, off North Sharon Amity Road, police said.
The identity of the delivery man and specifics of the case were not released.

Investigators say the incident occurred about 9 p.m. at 3555 Spanish Quarter Circle, when two suspects approached the delivery man with a gun and demanded money.

Wright, 25, was shot multiple times by the delivery man, officials said. The delivery man, who was not injured, stayed at the scene until police arrived.

No charges have been filed against him. But evidence in the case will eventually be turned over to the district attorney's office, to see if charges are called for, officials said.

It's against policy for Domino's Pizza employees to be armed on the job, said company spokesman Damien Carper. However, disciplinary action will not be considered in the matter until after the police finish the investigation, he said.

The employee, who could lose his job, is a "seasoned" delivery man in his 50s, who worked with another pizza delivery business before joining Domino's a year ago, Carper said.
"I don't know if this employee has been robbed before, but we have had other employees robbed while delivering. We have had one (from that store) robbed ... a number of months ago," said Carper.

Food delivery has been named among the nation's most dangerous jobs by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, which takes into account both robberies and traffic accidents.
Statistics for Charlotte show there was an average of one such robbery a week in 2007, according to police.

Carper noted the incident could lead to a suspension of deliveries to that area, if a review shows a trend of violence against Domino's employees.

"Stores keep a log of incidents that we review in cases like this," he said. "In the last several years, we've seen robberies go down. Our drivers don't carry more than $20 in cash on them. A lot of business today is done by credit cards."

Old 04-11-2008, 09:37 PM
1st Gear Member

Whoa...that's crazy. Glad the guy is ok.You guys have video cams? I'd be packing some heat! or hire chuck norris.

Old 04-11-2008, 10:26 PM
1st Gear Member

You need your CCW man, then you can pretend you are reaching for your wallet and blast him[sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 04-12-2008, 01:16 AM
1st Gear Member

that guy who shot the robber he got sh*t canned cuz he broke policy we arnt suppose to have guns or knives on us when we deliver .

Old 04-12-2008, 01:21 AM
1st Gear Member

http://www.wbtv.com/news/topstories/17010106.html here is the link to the video

Old 04-12-2008, 02:55 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: firstninjabike
that guy who shot the robber he got sh*t canned cuz he broke policy we arnt suppose to have guns or knives on us when we deliver .
Well that's BS, he should have been given some sort of award from Dominos..... besides it's better tobe judged by 12 than carried by 6 and he was not some young punk kid.

They just passed a law in florida that an employer cannot restrict one's right to carry a weapon in your vehicle ..... be it on company property or on the road foryour job.

You really need to seek other employment...you are soon going to have a lil hottie to take care of ...... legally that is.

Quick Reply: In store robbery