Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Stompgrips

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 01:11 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Stompgrips

Before you have the next track day, you may want to consider some of these. They are supposed to be really good for hard ridining in the twisties!

So, when I went to Road America with it on the tank I was totally shocked. You can feel the outside leg gripping the tank better. It was much easier to hang off the bike and the steering seemed almost too quick. I had to adjust my turn in points and pressure on the tank to turn the bike in with less force. On the straight-aways, there was a lot less pressure when braking time came around. Just tighten your grip on the tank with your knees and the grip allows less pressure on your wrists. This also stops unwanted bar inputs while braking.
All in all, I would rate StompGrip a must buy for anyone going to a track day and a very nice to have for the street. For the cost of it, this mod gives you a great return on a small investment.
You can contact the good folks at Stomp Design through their website, http://www.stompdesign.com or buy them at their many distributors.

PS, you can put the knobby ones that you see on the back of the tank, on the passenger seat for your girlfriend. She will want to ride all the time after that!

Last edited by Worlok14; 10-15-2008 at 12:51 AM.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:26 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

maybe it depends on the leathers that you ride with and the ride. I did not deem it necessary for my rides. So maybe place your sponsors in the correct locale next time Worlok

Old 09-23-2008, 01:34 AM
1st Gear Member

looks cool but i like the out of control feeling to much... i dunno, just gets me going.

Old 09-23-2008, 02:16 AM
1st Gear Member

Man they are not my sponser, I just thought they were cool for hard riding. Geez!