Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

In Soviet Russia, Photos take you!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 08:06 AM
1st Gear Member
Default In Soviet Russia, Photos take you!

I came across this site that has a bunch of USSR era random photos. Not the most exciting post, but interesting nonetheless. (And it beats watching how toilet paper is made!)

USSR pictures part 1
USSR pictures part 2
USSR pictures part 3

Old 08-11-2007, 08:16 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member
Default RE: In Soviet Russia, Photos take you!

i dont want to go to russia and i like tp for my bung hole because leaves are scratchie and furry bunnies are hard to run after with **** on your ***.

Old 08-11-2007, 02:12 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

That was a little less than boring.

Old 08-11-2007, 10:36 PM

I actually thought they were kind of cool to see, contrary to the opinion of certain others in this forum andthey do have toilet paper there so you don't need to use leaves; but it gets unbelievably cold, at least in Moscow and especially St. Petersburgwith the wind off the Gulf ofFinland. I thought it was cool place to visit (Jan. 2006)and I'd go back to visit again if I could afford to do it again. Thanks.

Old 08-12-2007, 02:16 PM
1st Gear Member

Would be great to see Russia or the Ukraine. The women are so fine!

Old 08-12-2007, 10:44 PM
1st Gear Member

I sent these pics to my mom. This is what she told me in a reply email:

"These pictures brought back some memories when I was there in 1968. Not much had changed since then. Notice the gray-drab looking streets and buildings? This is what I saw when I thought I would take a walk outside the Kremlin. Needless to say, I was lost for quite a while, and not very people could speak much English...So I mixed in a little German , English, and what little Russian we picked up along the way, and a few picture drawings....to try and get help finding my way back to the hotel. Finely Russian collage student (who was not from Moscow...but spoke more English) helped me find the way...Taxi cabs tried to run us both over!! ( found out this was the experience a lot of people had...pretty scary!!) Then before the girl came along, quite a few " hefty" women (older) really pointed and yelled at me in Russian, about the way I was dressed with my dress hem above the knees....Anyway we had some interesting times in those countries."

Old 08-13-2007, 02:37 AM
1st Gear Member

haha your moms a **** with her dress hem about the knee LOL

Old 08-13-2007, 03:00 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: firstninjabike

haha your moms a **** with her dress hem about the knee LOL
Oh no you didn't just call my mom a ****![sm=violent053.gif]

Old 08-13-2007, 03:03 AM
1st Gear Member

i love you mark in a non broke back mountian way

Old 08-13-2007, 06:54 AM
1st Gear Member

Those pictures you saw were mostly from propaganda materials, believe it or not showing how well off people of USSR are. The reality was little less "picturesque". Big cities like Moscow and St. Petersburg (then known as Leningrad) were kept relatively well by soviet standards, but to see the real soviet union you would have to go to the countryside, to state owned collective farms (private farming, along with private property was outlawed). Then again if you were a soviet citizen you WEREN'T ALLOWED to travel within your own country, and if you wanted to see some of the outside world, the best chances for that were in the Red Army. Well, you could also try with KGB... like current president Putin.
If you behaved well (signed up to the communist party, preferably denounced some of your friends and showed enough enthusiasm for communism), you could hope for a permit to buy a washing machine, fridge, or if you were really lucky - a crappy car.
Your kids had to go to "Pioniers" youth organisation, which was in many ways similar to hitlerjugend in **** Germany. Then there were the mundane, everyday things you had to do in order to make ends meet - like standing in lines for hours to buy 2 loafs of bread, going to work squashed in bus, subway or tram, public transportatin was a joke anyways.
If you were a worker in factory then you were really f***ed - being reduced to a cheap resource, forced to work "volountarily" for 12 hrs a day, etc.

And I didn't even get to the politics part. I might be bit biased, so I'll stop right now

Take my word for it, the world without USSR is a far better place.

Quick Reply: In Soviet Russia, Photos take you!