Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Sooo my dogs tried to kill each other, me, and my dad today

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 07:43 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Sooo my dogs tried to kill each other, me, and my dad today

Man for some freaking reason my 2 of my 3 dogs went at it tonight. My American bulldog (mine) attacked Jake .. my dads dog. Well, it sucked realy bad because those dogs fought continiously for about 45 minutes. I was choking out my bulldog but the other dog would attack me and bite me. Same thing would happen when dad would choke out his dog, my dog would bite him. Both of our dogs, esp Jake, are fubared. Jake has cuts all over his body, especially in his face and throat. Gracie just has a few cuts on her face by her snout. Dad and I both have big swollen *** bite marks on our hands. I have scratches all up and down my arms. I haven't had a chance to look at Dad's because he went to bed. But good lord! They could have waited for tomorrow morning to do this crap instead of tonight! (just happened like an hr ago!)

Anywho, I took my dog and put her in the shed to cool off for a bit and left the other two in the pen with each other. I'm going to try and reunite them tomorrow morning.

Wtf causes that? She in heat or something???

Old 01-18-2009, 07:51 AM
1st Gear Member

why not hold both dogs at the same time so they both cant attack

Old 01-18-2009, 08:04 AM
1st Gear Member

We did but my bulldog is just as strong as I am. It's like wrestling myself. That girl weighs 135 and she is solid muscle and has a bite from hell. Here is a pic of a dog like her. I don't have any pics of her.

This is similar to my dog but she is wayyyyyyy more muscular than this dog:

Old 01-18-2009, 08:32 AM
1st Gear Member

I have no idea what would cause them to go at it like that other than her being in heat or that one of them is trying to be more domaint than the other one and that's what caused the fight.
Just be carefull when you try to reunite them together later on. maybe leave one of them in the crait to see how they do with one and another before they go at it again.

Old 01-18-2009, 12:23 PM
1st Gear Member

My experience with my dogs is, they are trying to establish who is the dominant dog. are they close to the same age? was there food out? OR possibly is the female in heat?
Dog fights can suck! Over the years i've had to break up plenty.

Old 01-18-2009, 01:59 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

thats crazy.... my wife had 2 labs at different times, they had a yellow lab, that turned and went crazy and attacked them, had to put her down, then they had a black lab turn on them, her dad was holding the dog 3 feet off the ground against the wall by his throat and it was still growling at him.... crazy stuff.... thats why we couldnt get a lab. Thats not good.

Old 01-18-2009, 02:13 PM
1st Gear Member

Well she is the most dominant dog in the pen. Thinking back to last night I think all this started because Jake got in her house while we were trying to feed them. My parents are saying something is wrong with my dog (Gracie) but im like wtf ever. I think there is something wrong with the weaker dog (Jake). My dog is very protective of me and would never hurt me. Jake on the other hand has bit me multiple times and I've given that dog his share of concussions. I havent checked on them yet because it's raining outside but my dad put her back in teh pen with him and Ruckus and he said Jake is limping around and can barely walk with a swollen face. He said Gracie is about normal. lol (GOOD GIRL! My girl better never lose a fight! )

Old 01-18-2009, 02:24 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Thats still kinda bad that they fight like that.... sounds like guarding aggression towards food...

Old 01-18-2009, 02:35 PM
1st Gear Member

If one dog went into another dogs house that would start a fight between 2 dominant dogs.

Aggressiveness is easy to spot in a dog. If the tail is not wagging, it is not a good thing, as it shows the dog is either nervous, anxious, scared, or pissed. Most dogs when about to attack will approach with caution droping the tail or holding it straight out. some may drop the head. The fur on the backs will stand up.

Lips curled is an obvious indication of a brawl is about to take place.

Check your dogs for broken teeth. It is not uncommon for dogs to break teath off in a fight. your going to need to clean up all the bite wounds on both dogs with some hydogen peroxide, or infection could set it. It probably would not be a bad idea to take them to the vet and get some antibiotics just to make sure. Dont let them roll around in the mud and dirt with open wounds.

Prior to my current job, I went to school to be a VET, and have worked in several animal hospitals..

Old 01-18-2009, 02:36 PM
1st Gear Member

now that's a funny pic there EMS. sound like you have a pretty strong dog there chik glad to hear that your dog is ok.

Quick Reply: Sooo my dogs tried to kill each other, me, and my dad today