Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Sooo I got gas at BP today....

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 06:36 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Sooo I got gas at BP today....

I felt like the biggest *** hat ever! People were looking at me like I was the biggest Jerk. I was the only one at the gas station getting gas from there. Awkward, very awkward. Well, at least I can say that I did my part in helping fund the oil spill.

On the flip side,

INVIGORATE THIS BP!

Old 06-09-2010, 06:49 PM
1st Gear Member

No matter what pump you use your gonna fund someone that hates us, screws us over, gouges us, or tries to blow us up. I dont even care anymore, if they got the gas and I need it, I'll hit the pump. Usually the point is moot cause by the time I stop I cant make it to the next pump, lol.

Boycotting BP will not make the well stop and bankrupting BP will only leave us footing the bill for cleanup. As long as they dont try to weasel out of the bill, BP is good with me.

Old 06-09-2010, 11:47 PM
1st Gear Member

honestly im supprised people arent screaming for a full BP boycott. yes i know i know BP sells to other stations as well and boycotting their stations aint gonna do much but its just the thought of it. for all this to be going on and people to continue to use them like nothing is happening is odd to me. ive seen towns up in arms over topless bars and those have done far more harm than this huge oil spill right??????????? no?? good cause i got a pocket full of ones burning a hole in my pocket lol

Old 06-09-2010, 11:54 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

[QUOTE ive seen towns up in arms over topless bars and those have done far more harm than this huge oil spill right??????????? no?? good cause i got a pocket full of ones burning a hole in my pocket lol][/QUOTE]

take your pick. toss your ones at a good sight now, toss your ones at a messy site hopeing it helps, but in the end, all of us will be tossing 100's on a bankrupt company to clean the mess no matter what. Maybe the whitehouse will pass up a steak dinner to help compensate.

Old 06-10-2010, 02:15 AM
1st Gear Member

An Ironic sign at BP stations!

Old 06-10-2010, 02:40 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

BP CEO needs to be assanated IMO.

Old 06-10-2010, 03:33 AM
1st Gear Member

You cant. The word assassinate only applies to important people

Old 06-10-2010, 04:10 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

true he is just a peice of ****. all the work to figure out how to drill deeper and deeper but not fix leaks or cap off their pipes
Originally Posted by Prom
You cant. The word assassinate only applies to important people

Old 06-10-2010, 02:41 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Well the rumor is that BP doesn't have enough money to pay all the families or to fund the cleanup and will probably go bankrupt. The new said yesterday or the day before that if the oil was stopped 100% right now it would still take 60 years to clean up!!!

Here is my proposal: We all start buying even more gas from them, and that will continue to fund the cleanup, then after that we boycott and send them sinking like the dirty scum that they are.

Old 06-10-2010, 04:12 PM
1st Gear Member

I'm not gonna boycott the BP gas stations because I don't want to see the employees at those stores to lose their jobs.

The oil plume could have been sealed by detonating a low yield nuclear device. Government is once again paralyzed. Slow in permitting the sand banks in LA like Gov. Jindal wanted and then only allowing/funding one. They didn't want to use dispersants or burn the oil off. BP has been approached with many ideas for clean up by experienced oil men but ignored them. Plenty of blame to go around. But in the end, incompetence and lack of take charge leadereship has left us with no clean up option other than Dawn and Bounty...

Mike

Quick Reply: Sooo I got gas at BP today....