Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

This is some BS

Old 01-14-2008, 06:58 PM
1st Gear Member
Default This is some BS

This video is currently being used to profile all bikers and is used by A-holes politians to pass crap laws

http://www.nbc6.net/video/4211040/index.html

I agree that there are idioits out there but using ratings hungry media as a tool is pure garbage.

http://www.nbc6.net/news/15024116/de...i&psp=news

Old 01-14-2008, 07:22 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: This is some BS

unfortunatly this is the trend with florida's sport bike community. It really sucks for those guys like yourself talca that are safe responsible riders and know better to take it to the track. Not much one can do about squids.[:@] its too bad and its only going to get worse. I always try to set a good example when I am on the street riding, and our group is very good about being organized and not posing dangers on the street...

Old 01-14-2008, 07:37 PM
1st Gear Member

yeaht that is stupid

Old 01-14-2008, 07:41 PM
1st Gear Member

what really gets to me is that they pick the biggest DumbA$$ for the interviews who talk about it like a drug, and how it is cool to pick up chicks on a bike. bunch of insecure little kids. this kind of propaganda royaly F*cks all of us bikers, because once one state passes this crap it will be easier to pass it everywhere.

Old 01-14-2008, 07:42 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

cali popo is aloud to chase riders til they stop. so it's not as bad here as florida.

Old 01-14-2008, 08:01 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Talca

what really gets to me is that they pick the biggest DumbA$$ for the interviews who talk about it like a drug, and how it is cool to pick up chicks on a bike. bunch of insecure little kids. this kind of propaganda royaly F*cks all of us bikers, because once one state passes this crap it will be easier to pass it everywhere.
A lack of education indeed...

Old 01-14-2008, 08:12 PM
1st Gear Member

We need more of the educated, mature and responsible sportriders to speak up at times like this, and to these people. Yeah, I am in Chicago, but I still sent them an email. Be NICE, do not attack, and advise them that there is another faction out there that is quite a bit more responsible than the squidlets they are showing in their reports.

Old 01-14-2008, 09:38 PM
1st Gear Member

"Under the proposed bill, if racers dare to break the law by driving recklessly above 50 mph, they could lose their motorcycle, lose the privilege to operate a bike and be arrested."

theres a **** load of things wrong with that.
A)if theese idiots are dumb enough to do this sh*t on public roads, e****ally in front of houses with news camera watching i'll bet you anything that theyre theyre gonna run the second they see the cops. the fact theyre losing their bikes, their lisences and getting locked up wont stop them, it will just make them more careful about bieng caught.

B) no lisence will never stop theese kind of people. they wont stop til theyre in jail or dead, by their standards driving lisenceless just makes them more badass.

C) this is going to fu*k over alot more than them, everytday people who are late to work or in a rush for some other reason are gonna be a lil' heavy on the gas, they get pulled over and under this law they loose EVERYTHING! this fu*ks over EVERYONE, not just "thrill riders/squids"

what needs to be done is rather than taking away from them, give. its gonna cost $ for the police to chase down, stop and persecute theese guys. not to mention the collateral damage most of them are gonna cause when they hit things like family minivans, and telephone polls trying to run. the state should open up tracks with small admission fees. that way the state is MAKING money and keeping theese jackas$es off of the streets, they could make it a full blown sport with prize $, events, loads of bragging rights and the state can be proud to have them there, rather than ashamed.

p.s. in my personal opinion, i think every single person in both conress and the whitehouse need to be assassinated and we should just start over clean. theyre all self centerd fu*k bags with theyre heads up theyre asses anyway, i hate all of them with a passion.

Old 01-14-2008, 09:47 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

That's the great thing about riding the KLX, the cops look at you and say to themselves, that bike can't speed. I just need to stop doing small parking lot wheelies around town. I guess it all starts at home huh?

Old 01-14-2008, 09:56 PM
1st Gear Member

slaughter> I have to agree with you on almost all points. The no license bit wont bother them because a majority of them don't have licenses to begin with. Yes, they will also run - unless they are geared - in which case they can't do much above 75 or 80mph. Also - doing this will hurt far more people... legit riders... than it will help. Just like how the government has been going about it the wrong way to fight gun-related crime. All they do is take it away from people who should have them instead.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: This is some BS