Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

So i was on my way to work this morning....

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 10:06 PM
1st Gear Member

I know what ya mean Eric. As a motocross racer jumpin huge doubles and triples don't really bother me. It's nice and quiet in the air, relaxing so to speak. ( if all goes well) But I've done a few haresrambles and the trees freak me right out! Not to mention all of a sudden your flying through the woods and then there's a turn out of nowwhere straight uphill. No thanks, I'll stick to the track where an ambulance or Lifeflight can get to me quick!

Old 11-13-2008, 09:02 AM
1st Gear Member

they have that, eric.. it's called rally racing!!!!

Old 11-13-2008, 11:55 AM
1st Gear Member

closest equivalent are rally racers - they go 120+mph down dirt roads just wider than the car surounded by trees inside a steal frames car with a steal tube cage inside it and they still sometimes die.

Old 11-13-2008, 12:18 PM
1st Gear Member
Old 11-13-2008, 12:52 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey burn,, I love the fact you used nothing but Subaru's

+1

Old 11-13-2008, 01:05 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by OMalley912
I know what ya mean Eric. As a motocross racer jumpin huge doubles and triples don't really bother me. It's nice and quiet in the air, relaxing so to speak. ( if all goes well) But I've done a few haresrambles and the trees freak me right out! Not to mention all of a sudden your flying through the woods and then there's a turn out of nowwhere straight uphill. No thanks, I'll stick to the track where an ambulance or Lifeflight can get to me quick!
See, when i first rode with a motox'er i was surprised they were all going slow in the woods and we stopped and i was like "u ok?" same answer, trees and rocks freak them out....lol..... thats the fun of it... thats also how i crashed last time.... bounced the left side of the bars off a tree shot me right in to a bunch of 6" trees...

Yea i forgot about the rally racers.... if i had to choose rally or a dirt bike.... bike every time.... i dont like 4 wheels and high speeds....

Old 11-13-2008, 03:27 PM
1st Gear Member

here ya go eric,,, FUN FUN

Name:  1987-subaru-loyale-1.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  11.4 KB

Old 11-13-2008, 03:58 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

haha....... i dont know how u can like suby's.. i helped my riding buddy put in a clutch in his 03 impreza wagon..... weird.... first time i had ever worked on a suby... im a GM guy.... strange little 4 bangers.....

Old 11-13-2008, 04:12 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by EMS_0525
haha....... i dont know how u can like suby's.. i helped my riding buddy put in a clutch in his 03 impreza wagon..... weird.... first time i had ever worked on a suby... im a GM guy.... strange little 4 bangers.....

haha yeah there actually, pretty easy,,,but of course Ive been working on then for like 4 years lol.. I love them. Oh and the boxer set up is still kinda like a truck,, engine in the front and tranny in the middle rear end in the rear.. unlike front wheel driver enging and tranny under hood (gay)

Last edited by JRock420; 11-13-2008 at 04:19 PM.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:48 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by EMS_0525
See, when i first rode with a motox'er i was surprised they were all going slow in the woods and we stopped and i was like "u ok?" same answer, trees and rocks freak them out....lol..... thats the fun of it... thats also how i crashed last time.... bounced the left side of the bars off a tree shot me right in to a bunch of 6" trees...
I don't know about that. Doug Henry, while on vacation, raced a GNCC a few years back and kicked all their asses. We're talking Juha Salminon, too, multi-time national GNCC and WEC champion. What you are saying may apply to weekend warriors like us, but once you get up into the ranks where the guys actually know how to ride, pro MX'ers are some of the best in any terrain.

Quick Reply: So i was on my way to work this morning....