Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Sick Turtle???

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 06:07 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Sick Turtle???

Well I beleive that life does have to power to evolve into intellegent beings from single celled organisms, but that evolution by its very nature and creation of the first single celled organisms as well as the development of a suitable environment to sustain life are all incredibly difficult processes that could occur merely by statistics (the insane number of planets in the universe) but would be much more effective if facilitated by a higher power. As for how much intervention (if any at all) was given from that higher power, I dont know, and I really dont care, since I dont beleive people should be kind to each other soley on the basis of a reward or punishment system in the afterlife.

Did I just open a can of worms?[&:]

Old 02-01-2008, 06:19 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Prom

I really dont care, since I dont beleive people should be kind to each other soley on the basis of a reward or punishment system in the afterlife.

Did I just open a can of worms?[&:]
yes

but see thats where so many get it wrong - its not a reward system --of course its very highly debated topic( there wouldn't be so many different denominations within christianity if it were simple) but for my own part "hell" is basic the result of the absense of God, the absense or good/love/selflessness. the purpose of hell isn't punishment but protection of "heaven" which is the place with God (goodnes, love, etc), seperating the lost souls is for the sake of the good.

very over simplified explanation, but to me it gets the point across; if you want to be with God (goodness, love, happiness) for eternity then you strive for that, if you don't want to be with God for eternity then why would God force you to? its not about a reward or punishment, its about giving you what your heart really wants.

there are many who claim to be Christians whose heart aren't really in it.

ok i'll stop - if you actually wanted to talk about that stuff then we can take it to PM's to spare everyone else.

Old 02-01-2008, 06:28 PM
1st Gear Member

Subject dropped

Hows that turtle doing?

Old 02-01-2008, 06:49 PM

So far i think he's still in the living realm.He's still "going", but my son will be home from school in about 20 min or so, i'll have him check on him. Thanks for asking about ol' Vic!