Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: A poll
Do it?
71.43%
Dont Do it?
21.43%
Stay the same?
7.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Should i take the leap?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 07:59 PM
Default Should i take the leap?

ok guys here we go... im seriously thinking about askng my G/F to marry me. I would like to get some ideas on how and where to ask her maybe you guys can help me. I was married once before for 12 yrs and she left. My current G/F we have been together for 2 yrs she is my best friend, my tutor, and my riding partner and besides she is a Dr. she makes more $ than me.....lol

Old 10-11-2006, 08:04 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Should i take the leap?

do what feels right bro

Old 10-11-2006, 08:12 PM

thanks i know what feels right i was also wondering how to go about it <asking her and a place> i want it to be special not like a buddy of mine did took her to Mcdonalds let her supersize and then asked her to marry him....lmao You see she is from here NC a true southern belle and me being a yankee it makes thing even better we are both learning from eachother but my question is What can you give a woman who has everything?.

Old 10-11-2006, 08:15 PM
1st Gear Member

Umm take her for a ride to someplace nice out in the middle of nowhere.....while your up there get on one knee and tell her how u feel and ask her

Old 10-11-2006, 08:40 PM
1st Gear Member

i can't help you on that one. my wife just kinda asked me one day "so when are we getting married" i wouldn't do it on a ride though, too many emotions might be back for the return trip. i personally think the mickyd's deal is awesome.

Old 10-11-2006, 08:43 PM
1st Gear Member

Ok, screw love! Relations are about money! If she is a doctor, then wtf are you waiting for!

[sm=joke.gif]

If she is the right one, then you know what you have to do.

Old 10-11-2006, 08:57 PM
1st Gear Member

GRNLNTR, do what you feel is right in your heart. It not where or when or even how its the emotion behind it that counts anyway. Don't know where you live but it seems like you guys like the outdoors since you like to ride, take her to a nice spot drop to one knee and just do the damn thing. When my ex-fiancee proposed he just did it. My daughter was standing there with us and we were in the livingroom of our house and he walked up hugged me and hugged Jodie then dropped to one knee and asked my daughter "Jodie would it be ok if I married your mom" as he was putting the ring on my finger....I cried like a baby. I wasn't expecting it AT ALL and it just floored me....I still love that memory just because it was one of those moments when life is simply pure joy. Even though we broke up we are still friends and I would do it a million more times.

*kicksmarkinthehead* You are like 12 years old how would you know!

Old 10-11-2006, 09:19 PM
1st Gear Member

Take her to a monster truck rally, and if it all blows up you still get a good show. j/k

It really doesnt matter how you do it IMO, as long as to put forth a little effort to make it special then she will always remember it, but you dont have to pay thousands of dollars to put it on a scoreboard or an airplane banner. as long as you think she will enjoy it, then it will be special, but no matter what you do it is hardly ever the magical storybook cinderella type moment, but it will be something she remembers forever.

Old 10-11-2006, 11:54 PM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

no comment [>:]

Old 10-12-2006, 12:08 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: evil636

no comment [>:]
as funny as that is I some how just can not bring my self to laugh. [:'(]

How do Evil?