Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Selling the 9

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 08:18 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Selling the 9

1800 is really big. It's numbers don't reflect it so much - but that thing is no slouch, and it will keep most sportbikes in sight while on the open road.

Old 06-05-2007, 09:35 PM
The Dude
1st Gear Member

1800CC thats pretty big. best of luck selling the 9 so you can get the wing.

Old 06-06-2007, 04:06 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

The Wings are definitely smooth and make the miles effortless. You won't be dragging any knees or be tempted to do stupid stuff (other than exceed the speed limit by a big margin!)
Gotta admit, though, the 9's still have a soft spot in my heart. Looks like yours is awell-cared-for ride, too. If I had the money, I'd give the '95 in my garage a new brother...
Go for it. I wish you many "uneventful" miles on the Wing!

Old 06-06-2007, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Man those Wings are a smooth ride. Same thing with the Electra Glide Ultra Classics. Totally different Riding styles than the Sport Bike. the longer rides though are much more comfortable on the cruisers. Good Luck with selling the 9 Sro.

Old 06-07-2007, 05:39 AM
1st Gear Member

ok... been thinking about this all day today, and I think I am going to change my mind and keep the 9.

I was originally planning to buy a wing in about 2 years anyhow, when things were a bit better alligned financially, and also have the 9 to go out and play with on occassion. The only reason I was jumping on this one is because I was going to steal it, and I know the guy who owns it now and that he took better care of it than I do my 9. Only problem is he is looking to sell it by Sept, and the only way I can get the money I need out of the 9 to do the deal in Sept is to sell it now. In the fall demand will be low and market saturation will be extremely high which will drive prices down hard, and with the added age by next spring - it won't get me much more money than it will in the fall.

The thought of being bikeless all summer is less than appealing, even if it is for a wing. I was bikeless for a number of years, and I promised myself last fall when I picked up the 9 that I was not going to do that again. The 9 is in great shape, and I stole it too... I love riding it, and I take good care of it. No reason I can't keep riding it another season or two full-time and then get a wing in addition. Not to mention that to me as an older bike in excellent condition, and that I am feeling more comfortable with every day - it is worth a hell of a lot more $ to me than what I could get for it on the street.

So... I think that is what I am going to do, instead. But - if someone were to walk up to me and drop the cash in my lap - who knows. I am just not going to be actively pursuing the sale of it anymore, at this time. I want to ride this summer - not think about it, and counting the days until September when riding season will be seriously waning.

Old 06-07-2007, 07:52 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Good to hear Sro. what part of Chicagoland. I grew up in Milwaukee and was just back there the begining of May.

Old 06-07-2007, 08:54 PM
1st Gear Member

I am in Northbrook - about 20 mins south of Gurnee Mills... I ride the back roads up to the WI state line fairly regularly. Drop a line next time you are around and if you have access to a bike.

Old 06-08-2007, 02:03 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

I should be able to find something. The only bad thing is though it probably won't be until next year now. My Cousing is getting married later this month but I can't afford to make it back there for that. Plus to much going on here at work. I will let you know next time I am back though.