Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Seen one of these?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 01:57 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Seen one of these?

Does 90 MPH, and runs 100 miles on a 6 hr charge. Not too bad for a battery cycle.

The EV-X7 is a new kind of electric motorcycle which has a top speed of 90mph (maybe even a 100 down a very steep hill) and a range of up to 110 miles off a 6 hour charge.

The improved performance is put down to new type of motor that is both lighter and more efficient and appropriately called the Sumo hybrid (have you ever heard of a lite sumo?). The manufacturers Axle are planning a mini version of the EV-X7 later this year for under £1,000 which sounds promising.

Source: Sunday Times (I bought 2 trees worth of paper for this one piece, though I did also read the cartoon)

Last edited by Worlok14; 08-13-2008 at 12:48 AM.
Old 07-29-2008, 02:05 AM
1st Gear Member

I want one now!!!

Old 07-29-2008, 02:16 AM
1st Gear Member

to bad they cant make a bike worth a ****. thing looks completely gay, big bar handlebars and a chair youd find in an lsd junkie's basement in the early 70's. not even a seat, a chair. wtf?

Old 07-29-2008, 02:30 AM
1st Gear Member

Yeah, I wouldn't buy one but it has amazing mileage per charge, and hauls *** for an E bike. But if gas keeps going up, it may be the only thing we can afford to ride. You are right though, it is a weird looking thing.

Old 07-29-2008, 02:37 AM
1st Gear Member

Thats why I want it. Everybody would be looking at me, and want to come see it. That would be friggen hilarious.

Old 07-29-2008, 02:49 AM
1st Gear Member

It would be funny to paint it red, hang a fake megaphone exhaust pipe on it, and have a PA system that plays a recording of a ZX-14 with a muzzy exhaust really loud.
It would probably scare busa's.

Old 07-29-2008, 02:54 AM
1st Gear Member

ugly as hell

Old 07-29-2008, 02:55 AM
1st Gear Member

eh.. it does look like a scooter with questionable sexual fixation...

not too big into the battery powered stuff.. bring that i'm an electrical engineer, i know what oit would take to make an efficient electric machine, and we're nowhere NEAR it yet.. we kinda have the technology..

it lies in superconductor technology.. BUT, problem is, superconducters are only super conductive at well below 0*F.. typically, superconductors reach 0 resistance at near absolute zero. (about -460*F) also, wsome other classes of superconductor not needing te uber cold treatment, still need to be compressed under thousands of PSI to achieve and maintain ohmic values of 0.000. so, ya.. we're a good way off from this stuff manifesting into a viable solution for right now..

i've been working on a "perpetual motion" kinda thing for years now. i've figured it out, but the catch is i'm not sure if it can sustain a parasitic load either mechanically or electrically, and besides.. it relies on superconductors as well.. liquid nitrogen is expensive and kinda dangerous and is what S.C. cells use to maintain non impedance..

mke it look cool tho, and ppl might buy it. regardless of if its hi-tech or efficient.

Last edited by whitehendrix; 07-29-2008 at 04:24 AM. Reason: blue, dammit
Old 07-29-2008, 03:22 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by whitehendrix
eh.. it does look like a scooter with questionable sexual fixation...

not too big into the battery powered stuff.. bring that i'm an electrical engineer, i know what oit would take to make an efficient electric machine, and we're nowhere NEAR it yet.. we kinda have the technology..

it lies in superconductor technology.. BUT, problem is, superconducters are only super conductive at well below 0*F.. typically, superconductors reach 0 resistance at near absolute zero. (about -460*F) also, wsome other classes of superconductor not needing te uber cold treatment, still need to be compressed under thousands of PSI to achieve and maintain ohmic values of 0.000. so, ya.. we're a good way off from this stuff manifesting into a viable solution for right now..

i've been working on a "perpetual motion" kinda thing for years now. i've figured it out, but the catch is i'm not sure if it can sustain a parasitic load either mechanically or electrically, and besides.. it relies on superconductors as well.. liquid nitrogen is expensive and kinda dangerous and is what S.C. cells use to maintain non impedance..

mke it look cool tho, and ppl might buy it. regardless of if its hi-tech or efficient.
Man I need to hang with you. Maybe some of them smarts can rub off on me. I'm still learning about E.C.T.

Old 07-29-2008, 04:25 AM
1st Gear Member

e.c.t.?

Quick Reply: Seen one of these?