Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Scary Riding Experiences

Old 04-09-2008, 12:45 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Scary Riding Experiences

Hey Finger how come we never heard that experience when you posted your Costa Rica ride report? Or was that a different time?

Old 04-09-2008, 01:05 AM
1st Gear Member

Same trip, Day 1, didn't want to talk about it then or even accept that it actually happened, still F's with me ...... this was the first time I told anyone...Including my girl, she don't know...just wonders why I have bad dreams everyonce in awhile.....but I got a few borderline boating trips to the bahamas that wake me up on occasion too.

Besides what does it have to do with a fun ride report.

Old 04-09-2008, 06:48 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Glad you're still with us, Finger! You definitely remained cool and didn't panic, otherwise it might have turned out differently and not for the better. But you are one crazy SOB, I have to say that!

Old 04-09-2008, 07:03 AM
1st Gear Member

i have WAY too many instances for scariness and all.

i can't pick one that tops another..

wow.. that's not good... is it.. lol

Old 04-09-2008, 09:19 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

this is a cool thread i like reading these... crazy stuff.... brushing the pantleg on the median is pretty crazy too... So far i think FM takes the cake though...

Old 04-10-2008, 02:22 AM
1st Gear Member

I disagree EMS, I think scrobaks situation would be more scary, I've been pushed by a cage before but always had an out....and I've never scraped a guardrail....while being pushed...no F'n way.

Besides I bet whitehendrix and hoedogg have done some **** in their day that makes my tractor trailer dodge look like amature hour.

Old 04-10-2008, 08:02 AM
1st Gear Member

lol..
should i revert to my (dastardly) squidy/ newbie days?

ok ok...

i remember once.. chasing a few other bikes down a 2 lane highway at around 115.. coming down a bigass hill.. they were pretty far ahead, but i wasn't about to roll 160 to catch em.. i was happy at 120 at that time.. then, i noticed reverse lights in my lane. VERY dim.. instant Fing panic. i mean like OH shyt, i'm fugged type panic.. then i realized that it was a jeep going forward at about 40mph. i was closing fast on him. the great thing was, there was a car in the opposing lane coming. i split the lane with maybe a few inches on each side between the jeep with uber dim lights to my right, and the car to my left at around 115MPH..

i shat.
lol.

a few months ago, i went between two deer at 55 (the posted speed limit!!)

i LITERALLY ( i kid you NOT) could have slapped one in the *** and the other in the nose had i put my hands out..

maybe the time i drifted my cruiser (unintentionally..) at 75 on fresh pavement with a 18 wheeler in the other lane.. slid it about 30'..

i shat.
lol.

countless times, i've had calls close enough to wherehad there been another coat of paint on the car, it woulda been bloody for me.

COUNTLESS drunks and geriatrics pulling out in front of me.

i hit a possum with a large-breasted chick on the back once..

i was afraid she was gonna get thrown off. i jammed the brakes to throw her into me and keep her on the bike.

her airbags didn't deploy tho.

i think its just as scary to see ppl wreck in front of me... which i've seen a few times now.

OHH!!!!!

i hopped a hill at 85.. had a SOLID 3 count in the air, and landed in the other lane.. had there have been a car coming.. i woulda been a hood ornament..
i completely forgot about that hill til it was too late.. me AND my buddy behind me on his '03 R6.. a much lighter bike..lol.
he shat, i believe.

landed so hard, i flattened the collector on my muzzy pipe.. had to cut it open and re-weld all of it!

nothin says "damn" like being 3 feet off the ground on your bike at 85mph...

Old 04-10-2008, 08:19 AM
1st Gear Member

FM, thats some crazy s**t right there.

Myself, only locked rear tire once, I was doing 60 and had to stop cause lights turned red, so the bike started fishtailing. The guy in BMW provoked me.... what can I say, stupid of me.

Old 04-10-2008, 09:37 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: whitehendrix

...a large-breasted chick on the back once..

I know what ya mean.... lol..... Me and the wife did 25 or so miles on the street bike yesterday, every time i slowed or downshifted there was a nice cushy feeling on my back... lol....

Old 04-10-2008, 09:38 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Finger Mullet

I disagree EMS, I think scrobaks situation would be more scary, I've been pushed by a cage before but always had an out....and I've never scraped a guardrail....while being pushed...no F'n way.
Ok maybe you guys tie.... those are both CRAZY experiences.... glad your both still here.