Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Road Block Tactics

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 09:14 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Road Block Tactics

Since I have never really liked cops, and think that road blocks are a serious ivasion of human rights. I wanted to share these tactics with you.

http://www.roadblock.org/whattodo.htm

Old 09-17-2008, 11:34 PM
1st Gear Member

hmm, nothing i wouldnt do anyway....

i dont talk to cops, ever.

Old 09-18-2008, 01:30 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Worlok14
[I] think that road blocks are a serious ivasion of human rights.
Why is that?

Old 09-18-2008, 01:57 PM
1st Gear Member

I mean Its not that I dont like road blocks,, If ya live in my town you wouldnt mind them,,, I just drive smart and clean.. We have a high population of not reg. and no insurance drivers around,,, alot of drunk rednecks,, and there lookin for the meth so +1 on the road checks here... even though they harrass me i always drive clean and besideds they know im just a pot head and not a meth head and I never drive drunk so yeah lol

Old 09-18-2008, 02:51 PM
1st Gear Member

good cops don't harass the majority of the population - they are just looking for anyone obviously under the influence and a danger to others on the road.

however its a tool that can easily be abused

Old 09-18-2008, 05:39 PM
1st Gear Member

Why is that you say, because I think that average people driving down the road should not have to stop, wait in line, be subjected to questions that sometimes insinuates that they are breaking the law so what they say can be missconstrued as a reason to subject them to sobriety tests, vehicle searches, etc. I know those games are played and you cannot convince me that they are not.
I believe that drunks and drug trafficing has to be controlled, but should not subject good people to being treated like they are guilty until proven innocent. To me that seems to be contradictory to our civil rights. I am not saying all cops do this but it has happened to me and I was never intoxicated or impaired in any form or fashion.
Some cops base this on looks alone and for no other reason, and that is an invasion of human rights in my opinion. Just because I am big, have a beard, and wear biker shirts does not give them the right to assume that I am guilty of something. Furthermore the drunks and drug runners most of the time are tipped off on the location of road blocks and definately learn to avoid the roads that are subject to target enforcement.
Target enforcement roadblocks is a farse!
I would be willing to bet that most of the tickets issued in these cases are for out of date tags, and expired drivers licenses. I hate people that drive drunk but I honestly believe that this method is inconveniencing many good people, and yielding very little results for what it was originally intended to do.
OK, now you can start burning me but that is what I think since you ask the question.