Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Riding days are probably over.

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 05:56 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Riding days are probably over.

awww DUDE!! Va is the WORST man.. i'm sorry to say that..

them and Nc.

i got pulled over on I-81, 3 miles from the Va/WV border, and it cost me THOUSANDS and a 10 day jail sentence. only had to do 5, but still.. they can set iy up for weekends as well, but it'll take forever to complete, since you'll report to jail at like, 8pm friday, and leave at 8pm sunday night.. then repaet til time is served.

i hope it wasn't a "competition" ticket. thats 3Gs right off the bat, impound, jail, and all the other goodies that ensue.

i can write an Fing book on that horseshyte.

OH! don't forget, Va will require a $150 reinstatement fee they don't tell you about, so when you finally CAN get your license back, and you go to the DMV and tell ya Va is showing an unpaid fine still, you know what it is.

i have enough stories of jail and cops and 15K in fines over the years to last a lifetime.

learn from my mistakes, sir. don't F-ing speed. ESPECIALLY in of ALL places, friggin Virginia.

its a commonwealth. that alone makes thir laws nutty. they don't allow radar detectors.. they want their popo to have the edge.

thats why they have those little cutouts in the hills and trees. so mr. sneakyman can get in there and bust guys like us.

NOT worth it.

you may be able to not have to sell your bike, plead for the court's leiniency, and consider other punishment options.

if this is your first offense, you'll probably get at least 180 days of unsupervised probation, possible 10 days in jail (5 served) 1,000 in fines (or more.)

Va does NOT F around man.. i'm getting mad at this.. lol thinkin bout how they raped me.. i coulda (shoulda) ran, but didn't and they STILL killed me.

like i said.. that was my FIRST offense in Va. 107 in a 65 zone at about 6 or 8pm. FAST rushour traffic (at speeds maintaining 90)

got 10 days, 1200+ in fines, and a 30 day suspension for the state on my out-of-state license.. meaning i lost my privelidge to drive in va.. other states were good tho..

saw the cop, coulda ghosted but didn't (me AND my buddy on an R6.. he got it just as bad as well) cop was nice enough to leave and tell us "its up to you how ya get home as long as i don't see it. i can arrest you right now and have your bikes towed, actually.. be safe, please"

do i have to post a squidly story time threadby W.H. so you guys don't spend 4 years getting out of debt you caused yourselves?

i will embarrass myself if it means i can keep you guys safe and financially sound, if i have to. (kx, i know what you're thinking..lol)

Old 03-21-2008, 06:04 AM
1st Gear Member

Good post WH

And true dat....I used to have a street bike in college...mole bikes only now for me ... lol. Well mostly

Old 03-21-2008, 07:25 AM
1st Gear Member

thank you, sir! i couldn't agree with you more on pretty much everything you post, btw..

lol

its official keeids! i have posted (most of) my horrific moments in the little chick stunter thead in sights and sounds, as per EMS's request for stupidity.

i deliver.

you want a good story on how to getcopious amounts of legal infractions, thats where you wanna read up! should be a fitting one in there somewhere..

Old 03-21-2008, 12:39 PM
1st Gear Member

Try to get your court date delayed. The longer the delay the less of a chance the officer will show. Good luck man. 90 days in the clink seems too severe of a punishment especially since the majority of people I know who have gotten DUIs get off with a fine and a suspension. Heck, one girl who got pulled over blew a .10 and had cocaine in her car and she didn't even get her license suspended.

Old 03-21-2008, 12:56 PM
1st Gear Member

That sucks man, but we all know you gotta pay to play

Old 03-21-2008, 01:06 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

This guy had a ktm 950adv bike and rode like an idiot on the street...
Name:  111107033.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  113.9 KB

this is the kinda bike he had....

now he rides this....

so i would suggest dont give up the wheels.... just move it to where you will only endanger your self....
Name:  111107014.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  129.7 KB

see the smile still on his face..... he was telling us stores about crap he did, he did jail time, doing 100mph weaving through traffic.... and that was on that 950 ktm.... so he moved to dirt and rides with us, so we kinda keep him in line on the street... and believe me, as big of ***** it takes to ride 120mph, ya need just as big to ride knarly dirt stuff..... so i would suggest sell the crotch rocket and get a dirt bike/ dual sport.

Old 03-21-2008, 01:09 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

the crazy part about that dude... he married into a family that owns a steel mill.... so HE DOESNT WORK!!!! hes in his early 30's brand new lexus suv, brand new trailer, brand new riding gear..... he has his own metal shop, and just works on bikes all day and plays around.... lucky bastard...

Old 03-21-2008, 01:10 PM
1st Gear Member

I think that is a great suggestion, or get one of those mopeds that ( I think) Talca has.

Old 03-21-2008, 01:13 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

I dont wanna see anyone give up thier passion, if someone told me i couldnt ride motorcycles/ MTN bikes... id laugh in thier face. it will be something new for you, i dont know if you have ever been on a dirt bike, but everything u know about riding street bikes throw it out the window with a dirt bike.... its a completely different world. and its fun....i do wheelies all the time drift around corners all LEGALLY!!! and i only have a chance to hurt myself, which i do alot, or crash my bike, and not hurt anyone or get thousands in fines/tickets.

Old 03-21-2008, 01:18 PM
1st Gear Member

I started in the dirt at the young age of 4, I miss it now, I'll never give up my sportbike, but I would love to have a dirtbike/dualsport again. Man I miss it, I'll get one again someday, but not util I get one of those new 10R's[8D]

Quick Reply: Riding days are probably over.