Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

reputation system!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 03:50 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

mods are the police of the forum. the rep system if used wrongly by people it can hurt the good apples makeing them go bad. all the rep system does is label people. it will not affect what they do.
Originally Posted by deej
Well I have a different opinion here. A ton of good members left because we had no leverage to stop bad apples from spoiling the bunch. If we can't police the forum, it will cause the good to leave and the bad to keep on doing garbage. My 2 cents

Old 07-24-2008, 03:51 PM
The Dude
1st Gear Member

At the other local forum I go to. They had a rep system and the post ****** of that site just went crazy with it. I think it could work with just mods and admins handing out the rep.

Old 07-24-2008, 03:52 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Don't get me wrong everyone, I always try and bend over backwards to keep even the worst case scenario under control, and I don't want to see anyone be booted off the site, but if you could see all of the Pm's I got in the last couple of years asking me to do something about certain individuals and I could only send Pm's to the admins hoping something would get done, well I lost count. Anyway whatever you all decide, I'm sure we will make it work. I am happy just to be here and will do whatever it takes to work in cooperation with the Governing body.

Old 07-24-2008, 03:53 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

thank you asz in my first post i said the same thing. and used barf as an exsample
Originally Posted by aszrael1266
At the other local forum I go to. They had a rep system and the post ****** of that site just went crazy with it. I think it could work with just mods and admins handing out the rep.

Old 07-24-2008, 03:56 PM
1st Gear Member

Im cool with everyone even if there not cool with me. thats there problem and I move on lol

but im not taking sides on this one everyone makes a good point but I would rather it be just a mod/admin policed forum and not us members like said above

Old 07-24-2008, 03:56 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Speaking of mods, Hoedog why are you not a mod here? Come on man. We need all the help we can get. And you certainly fit the bill.

Old 07-24-2008, 03:57 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

keep the rep system away and give the mods a little more power like being able to delete bad post. mods on my other forum have the power to suspend posting privalages for a certain amont of time. like detention in school.
Don't get me wrong everyone, I always try and bend over backwards to keep even the worst case scenario under control, and I don't want to see anyone be booted off the site, but if you could see all of the Pm's I got in the last couple of years asking me to do something about certain individuals and I could only send Pm's to the admins hoping something would get done, well I lost count. Anyway whatever you all decide, I'm sure we will make it work. I am happy just to be here and will do whatever it takes to work in cooperation with the Governing body.

Old 07-24-2008, 03:57 PM
1st Gear Member

+1 on hoedoggy being a mod

Old 07-24-2008, 04:00 PM
The Dude
1st Gear Member

hoedogg for president.

Old 07-24-2008, 04:01 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

i would love to help out deej but that is toatally up to the head cheeses. maybe they don't think im mod material. anyway just happy to be here and hanging with all my kawi bretherin.
Speaking of mods, Hoedog why are you not a mod here? Come on man. We need all the help we can get. And you certainly fit the bill.

Quick Reply: reputation system!