Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

the reason you wave

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 11:20 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: the reason you wave

Good story ...thanks for posting it aszrael1266. I always give the low wave .Doesn't matter if they wave back or notand itdoesn't matter if their on a sportbike or a cruiser .

Old 06-08-2007, 11:29 PM
1st Gear Member

There are several people whom I work with who ride . About 95% ride cruisers and about 75 % of those ride HD's .Some are a*#@*$!s and some are cool . I think many of them resent us for being on ' rice burners ' but that is ok ........To each his own . I had one 'punk ' tell me ' if it's not a Harley leave it at home .I asked him ' what do you ride ? " he said I don't have a bike ..........I said ' then shut the f#&k up !!!!!!!!

Old 06-08-2007, 11:49 PM
1st Gear Member

The whole wave thing reminds me of the Jeep wave. Back in the day the flatfender guys wouldn't wave at the CJ guys. Then we wouldn't wave at the YJ (Wrangler) guys. Now the new 4 door Jeeps are all driven by soccer moms who are too busy talking on their cell phones to wave.

I wave at everybody especially the Harley guys who are too cool and have a dozen " Support your local Red and White" stickers.

Old 06-09-2007, 12:16 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: mikeyntnc

There are several people whom I work with who ride . About 95% ride cruisers and about 75 % of those ride HD's .Some are a*#@*$!s and some are cool . I think many of them resent us for being on ' rice burners ' but that is ok ........To each his own . I had one 'punk ' tell me ' if it's not a Harley leave it at home .I asked him ' what do you ride ? " he said I don't have a bike ..........I said ' then shut the f#&k up !!!!!!!!
and you should have bitched slapped him

Old 06-09-2007, 12:19 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Notstock

ORIGINAL: mikeyntnc

and you should have bitched slapped him
wish now I had !!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-09-2007, 03:45 AM

people without bikes are always ready to chime in . . . . "oh yeah- 600's are not as fast or cool as liter bikes. . . " Yeah, neither is your bus pass

Old 06-09-2007, 04:12 AM
1st Gear Member

Good posts guys. I use the two finger down wave as well. I like the looks on the guys riding HD's when I wave at them. Even though most don't wave back. The only time I get a HD rider to wave back is when I am riding with the girlfriend, She rides an 07 883 Sportster. I have talked to a couple guys who said they will not wave to sport bikes because we are a bad influence on the motorcycle community. They really did not have much to say when they where talking **** about my bike and I said you don't like my bike and they shut up and walk away. Oh well there loss. I say don't talk crap unless you are going to back it up. Funny thing is the bar I hang out with and know everyone at is called Softtails. A good biker bar and they all love that I ride a sport bike and hang out with them and their Harleys. A great group of people. Good thing I know the owner.

Old 06-09-2007, 02:28 PM
1st Gear Member

Perfect write up. couldnt put it into words any better. Got to love those *** clowns that talk crapand say HDs are the best and dont even ride themselves

Old 06-09-2007, 02:32 PM
Super Moderator

I must say I do get a little miffed when i move over in my truck to let a bike skirt through easier, and when I say move over I mean I move to the far sideleft side of the lane to make room.

I bet I get 1 out of 10 to give a little lift of the hand. I used to wave at the cars that moved over for me.

Old 06-10-2007, 05:08 AM

A friend of mine that has a Harley, told me most Harley rider don't wave because there trying to hold there line when in the twistys. Most all riders around here wave though.

Quick Reply: the reason you wave