Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

R.I.P., Mr. Mitchell

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 08:54 AM
1st Gear Member
Unhappy R.I.P., Mr. Mitchell

today is a sad day for musicians influenced by the unmistakeable sound of Mitch Mitchell, former drummer for the band "The Jimi Hendrix Experience".

he reportedly died after the last show of a U.S. tour in his portland, oregon hotel room on the 12th. he was 61.

so, farewell, Mitch, rest in piece, and thank you for the influential music you gave me that inspired me to be a muscian myself.

Old 11-13-2008, 12:55 PM
1st Gear Member

Old 11-13-2008, 01:00 PM
1st Gear Member

+1 and right on to that Whitey. What do you play? Wait dont tell me so I can use my psychic powers.......ummmm.....ummmmmm, the organ?

Old 11-13-2008, 10:19 PM
1st Gear Member

Wow, didn't know the name but of course the music. I was a drummer for years. Had 2 sets one a Pearl Export Pro. Played out for little over a year before I quit and went back to school, wish I had some pics on digital for a good laugh.

Old 11-14-2008, 03:17 AM
1st Gear Member

i heard about that on the radio... rock 101.1 had tribute to him, it was like 2hours long. pretty sad, he kicked some ***

Old 11-14-2008, 06:31 AM
1st Gear Member

ya.. hendrix is emblazoned into my mind since his band (and his playing style) was what inspired my to pick up a guitar.

i've been playin for abuout 10 years now, and have kinda switched gears to prog/neoclassical stuff like paul gilbert or jason becker, but originally i was almost all jimi stuff for a long time.. i mean, i rocked out the van halen and skynyrd and clapton and all, but i knew every hendrix song note for note for a long time.. half the reason i have my name.. the other half is because i play lefty, as well..

but ya.. that just sucks tho.. a fgood bit of my influences in blues and rock are no more, whether be it guitarists or drummers.