Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Price of gas?

Old 12-15-2008, 05:42 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

I can see 3 bucks by summer. possibly more especially with the new taxation and subsidies plan being reworked in our govt. If I only had a couple of 10,000 gallon holding tanks, I would make a fortune in a couple years! lol

Old 12-15-2008, 01:59 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fourty2ri
Fah keen ay, you must be a brother alum from UR-hi?
Got me ME degree out of there in 1983.
I am up in the burbs of the big city now, Born an raised out in the country near the Conn.

I assume your in Buffalo? You guys building igloo's yet?

We had snow up until yesterday. It rained and the temps rose 20 degrees. It was near 40 this morning but is supposed to drop 20 degrees back into the 20's before the end of the day.

I grew up in Green Hill. Spent many a day in Charlestown. Also lived in Gales Ferry CT for a bit. I am in Buffalo Ny now. I moved back to Groton for 2 years about 3 yrs ago. My wife is a buffalo native and could not live 6hrs away from her family. So we moved back.

Old 12-15-2008, 04:41 PM
1st Gear Member

$1.42 for regular here in Richmond, Va

Old 12-15-2008, 05:05 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by srobak
The abundance of oil, new sites, etc - has almost nothing to do with the volatility of the price at the pump, and it wont until supply actually starts becoming scarce. It is all about two things - greed and the conspiracy to be greedy. Prices are down right now because the retail industry can't survive a 3rd holiday season in the red. By the end of January, expect prices approaching $3, and by Memorial Day look for $4. We will see $5 this summer in the Chicagoland area, LA and New York.

Lets look at Walmart for example. They are continually lowering their prices and being a monolopy to other small businesses. They make millions everyday. Use this analogy to compare saudi arabia to venezuala, iran and etc. It is the same concept. They have learned that if they keep the barrels at a competive price they will cause the other comptetitiors to become competitive with their prices or go out of business. You are saying to yourself "well it is oil, it is necessary to the function of everyone's economy". Well, necessary yes, but absolutely necessary to purchase from a country with uncompetitive prices, no.

This is what you should expect to see in this country in the next 5-10 years.

1. Several miles of pipeline constructed in the gulf of mexico, alaska, and the rocky mountains.

2. Dependency on other countries used only for the reserve.

3. Thousands of jobs created for workers working on the pipeline and in the refineries. Lets not forget to mention the transportation industries for trucking, ships, and trains.

4. Economic stimulus for the US because of the creation of jobs which would put the average worker in the middle class income bracket.

5. The automobile industry will survive and continue to mass produce vehicles because by this point, the government will regulate the oil and will put caps on the amount the oil companies can charge.

I also forsee the surge for the need of geoscientitists, pipeline engineers, and architechs.

So yeah, I am a gambling woman. I could use an additional $40 bucks to blow on drinking next fall.

Old 12-17-2008, 06:03 PM
1st Gear Member

Opec announced this morning they are cutting production by 4.2 million barrels a day to drive costs back up to where they want them.

Here we go. Starting earlier than I thought. I guess they figure the holidays are a wash. Belt in!

Last edited by srobak; 12-17-2008 at 06:06 PM.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:25 PM
1st Gear Member

yay!!!

and im in a 79' caddy... woo....

anyone wanna get together and just kill that *******? i mean really... i think its time we return the favor and blow some of their **** up...

anyone?

Old 12-17-2008, 06:49 PM
1st Gear Member

I am glad that the price of gas, and the price of *** are not directly related! I would go broke next summer.

Old 12-17-2008, 07:33 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

$1.89 for reg, $3.15 for diesel. Yea let's penalize the diesel owners. GRRRRR

Old 12-17-2008, 07:34 PM
1st Gear Member

I guess that's still better than what it was in May here, $5.15 a gal for diesel. YIKES!!

Old 12-17-2008, 07:45 PM
1st Gear Member

Oh sorry, Forks Washington, on the great Olympic Peninsula.

Name:  olympiccolormap-1.gif
Views: 7
Size:  179.3 KB

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Price of gas?