Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

A place to let Ol Guy know that you care....

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 06:11 AM
1st Gear Member
Default A place to let Ol Guy know that you care....

This thread is where we can let him know that we are here and that we truly do care about one of our family members. I didn't want the news to be buried in the other thread, I hope that this is ok George. We are all thinking of you.

Deej

I had the worst week of my life. Oct 1 that damn cancer finally got my wife. Even though I know she is in a better place, no more pain, no more worries, after 44 years the hole it left in my heart is immeasurable.

Last edited by deej; 10-11-2009 at 01:47 PM.
Old 10-10-2009, 07:39 AM
The Dude
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ol guy
I had the worst week of my life. Oct 1 that damn cancer finally got my wife. Even though I know she is in a better place, no more pain, no more worries, after 44 years the hole it left in my heart is immeasurable.
I am so sorry to hear about your loss.

Old 10-10-2009, 09:26 AM
1st Gear Member

Oh Man,
I Truly Wish you the Best.

Old 10-10-2009, 03:31 PM
1st Gear Member

I am truly sorry to hear that Ole Guy! I sincerely hope that you are doing OK with your loss. I know words can only do so much good, but just know that our hearts are with you!

Take care Buddy...........Worlok

Old 10-10-2009, 03:55 PM
1st Gear Member

Sorry to hear about your loss George...

Old 10-10-2009, 04:02 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

George, I am truly sorry for your loss there. I had no idea that she was sick.....Nothing we say will ever make up for what has happened to you. I wanted to cry when I read this. Do you have family that are supporting you..I mean we are your on-line family, but more specifically, do you have children or other close members that are there for you? I wish I could be there. Please let me know if I can do anything. We rode together a couple of times, and I still think you are one of the best guys that I ever had the privilege to meet. I think about what you are going through all the time, I imagine all kinds of scenarios with myself, or my family, sometimes it makes me crazy thinking of all the things that can happen. But really its out of our hands, not only for what can happen, but that we can't change it either.

(Ecclesiastes 9:11-12) . . .I returned to see under the sun that the swift do not have the race, nor the mighty ones the battle, nor do the wise also have the food, nor do the understanding ones also have the riches, nor do even those having knowledge have the favor; because time and unforeseen occurrence befall them all.

For man also does not know his time. Just like fishes that are being taken in an evil net, and like birds that are being taken in a trap, so the sons of men themselves are being ensnared at a calamitous time, when it falls upon them suddenly.

However there is some good news for you and all of us that have lost someone, its the hope I have and I have a running list of all those I want to see again...

(John 5:28-30) 28 Do not marvel at this, because the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice 29 and come out, those who did good things to a resurrection of life, those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment. 30 I cannot do a single thing of my own initiative; just as I hear, I judge; and the judgment that I render is righteous, because I seek, not my own will, but the will of him that sent me.

George, someday we will all experience what Revelation tell us...

(Revelation 21:3-4) . . . With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his peoples. And God himself will be with them. 4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”

Death is the one thing that binds us all in this stinking system of things, but it won't be like that forever, and in fact it won't be like this very much longer.

Again George, we are all in this together, please let us know how we can help....I am so sorry....

Old 10-11-2009, 01:59 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

I am so sorry for your pain and to hear this. You can reach any of us.

Last edited by Dragone#19; 10-11-2009 at 02:03 AM.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:26 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

sorry to hear it ol guy. were here if you wanna talk

Old 10-12-2009, 07:42 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Somehow I missed this thread. I'm so sorry for your loss. You are in our thoughts, George. If you need anything at all, please PM me.

Old 10-14-2009, 02:04 AM
1st Gear Member

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers, they are appreciated

George

Quick Reply: A place to let Ol Guy know that you care....