Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

One month left. What to do?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 06:41 PM
1st Gear Member
Default One month left. What to do?

The rent lease is up at the end of august at my apartment. I for one am sick as hell living in an apartment. I have lived in three apartments within the last five years, and it's time to move into a real house, but I don't have the money to buy, so I would still be renting. But lord knows how much I need out of here. The biggest reason for me wanting to move into a house is because I need a real garage that I can work in.

Here's the but...[:'(]

My current roommate is one of those guys who fears change, fears taking chances, and fears anything new and different. He loves being in a stagnant comfort zone where he can do the same thing every day.[>:] (Even if he is miserable doing it, like the job he always bitches about, but will never quit.) The guy is extremely habitual. I would even venture to say he has become somewhat Obsessive Compulsive throughout the years. I'm sure he would probably be content living in this same apartment until the day he dies. (May not be that long though with all the junk food he eats.) Earlier this year, when I brought up the idea of moving into a house after the lease was up, he immediately became very defensive about living here, and came up with a ton of lame excuses to not move. The one I liked best was that he finally got his room set up the way he likes it. I know moving is never that fun, but we're only talking about an apartment's worth of items here. The guy has also been one of my best friends since middle school, so I would feel kinda bad about just ditching him. But I may not have any other choice if he is unable to make a change.

Problem two is that I really can't think of anybody else at the moment that would be in a position to move into a house with me to share the rent. I'm not crazy about the idea of putting a "roommate wanted" ad in the paper. I don't want some freak moving in with me.[] Another problem I have is that my current roommate is a total slob, and I have a really hard time dealing with slobs. If, and/or when I move into a house I want the place to stay clean! And I just don't think this guy is capable of that. So I guess where I'm getting at is I pretty much need a new roommate, but can't find one.

Old 07-20-2007, 06:45 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: One month left. What to do?

Find a good woman and marry her, then you will have a roommate you approve of, and built in sex priveleges!

Old 07-20-2007, 06:54 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: zzrick

Find a good woman and marry her, then you will have a roommate you approve of, and built in sex priveleges!
That would be the best option! lol But I don't think it'll happen in a month.

Old 07-20-2007, 07:01 PM
1st Gear Member

Dude, go to a foreign country and you can find one in no time!

Old 07-20-2007, 07:08 PM
Super Moderator

Naïve, to say the least!

Suck it up and save your cash all this year, prices are dropping and they will be lower next year. If you are a first time buyer, there are finance opportunities for you and with the sluggish market, you will be looking good.

You have to make a sacrifice and Save Your Money. You cannot feel bad about ditching your roommate, if he is not will to move forward then do not let him or her drag you down.

Old 07-20-2007, 07:10 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Notstock

Naïve, to say the least!

Suck it up and save your cash all this year, prices are dropping and they will be lower next year. If you are a first time buyer, there are finance opportunities for you and with the sluggish market, you will be looking good.

You have to make a sacrifice and Save Your Money. You cannot feel bad about ditching your roommate, if he is not will to move forward then do not let him or her drag you down.
Works for me!

Old 07-20-2007, 07:15 PM
1st Gear Member

Seriously though, Notstock has given you some good advice. If you can't wait, make sure you shop around for the best financing possible, and buy a good house below value. In a few years you will have a ton of equity built up and you can sit on it or sell the house and buy a better one with the money you made from house#1. If oyu are going to be poor,be house-poor. Itshould pay off in the long run.

Old 07-20-2007, 07:19 PM
1st Gear Member

Almost forgot...if you don't mind doing some work, check out your local sherriffs auction and you might be able to find a great deal.

Old 07-20-2007, 07:19 PM
Super Moderator

Seriously though, Notstock has given you some good advice. If you can't wait, make sure you shop around for the best financing possible, and buy a good house below value. In a few years you will have a ton of equity built up and you can sit on it or sell the house and buy a better one with the money you made from house#1. If oyu are going to be poor,be house-poor. Itshould pay off in the long run.
[sm=exactly.gif]the house poor part not that I gave good advice

Old 07-20-2007, 07:22 PM
1st Gear Member

find yorself a female roommate they tend to be a lil be cleaner. plus if shes hot and you guys hit it off you have sex privliages

Quick Reply: One month left. What to do?