Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

An old friend passed today

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 02:29 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default An old friend passed today

The family protector, lap nuisance at times but always there for the family passed today with my decision.
It is always a tough call when the decision is yours, but my girl deserved respect for her years of raising 5 foster kids and 4 of her other full time kids. The cancer took its toll in the end. She is and always will be a great family member.

Name:  Cuttingground020.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  12.0 KB

Name:  29Apr07003.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  73.5 KB

Old 11-29-2011, 12:49 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Ohhhhhh, that's a tough one; very sorry for your loss, Drag. Believe me, I KNOW how close you can get with a dog. Honestly? I think I get along better with them than with most people. They either like you or they don't; no BS, no games. I had a Great Pyr (yeah, Deej, in the pic I sent you) that was given to me by one of my long haul drivers. That dog and I were inseparable, mostly because he didn't take kindly to strangers. I would walk him twice a day rain-snow-shine, bring him to work and leave him in the Rover, (yeah; I know), and take him with me wherever I went. He was absolutely a one man dog. People knew me at drive thru's and would look and point when we drove around; his huge head sticking out the passenger window. Long story short, his aggression got him into trouble and I decided to have him put down. (STILL chokes me up.) We had VERY similar personalities and I loved that dog. Trust me, he could put the fear of (insert omnipotent icon here) into you. It came down to making the right choice for my family, which I should've made much sooner. We still have the Border Collie and the Lab. Right or wrong, I still miss him, though.
Drag, it's tough. Dogs can fill a unique void with their unconditional affection. I know what you're going through. It's deep. Hang in there.

Old 11-29-2011, 01:29 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

I am deeply sorry for loss bro. Our dog is another member of th family, i hate too even think about her not being around.

Old 11-29-2011, 11:50 PM
1st Gear Member

Sorry to hear about your loss. Always tough when you got to make the call. Animals are a huge part of my life. I see them everyday when I wake up and come home. Always right there waiting for you. Hang in there, shes still watchin over you and the fam.

Old 11-30-2011, 03:10 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Hey Drag, I am really sorry to read this. I grew up a cat person, and I still get all silly when I get around them. When my wife and I got married 18 years ago, I had an awesome cat, and while the wife was allergic to cats, she never even dreamed of making me get rid of him. A couple of years went by and leukemia got him. I had to get a friend to take him out and do the deed. I balled my eyes out, and I'm not afraid to admit it. About 8 years ago a friend of mine's wife brought over a dog to see if we wanted her. She was a rescue dog, and we all fell in love with her. Then 4 years ago my wife's dad came up from Houston with a dog for us as a companion for the other dog. I swear they are not related, but it sure looks like it. I can't imagine a day when something happens to either one of them. The wife and I have sworn that we don't want any more animals after this. While we love them to death, it's really going to be brutal eventually.

Here are a couple of pictures.

The big one is half Beagle and half Chiwawa

The smaller one is full Deer Chiwawa
Name:  puppies.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  91.5 KB

Here is a picture of me at my Aunts place a couple of weeks ago. This cat was soooo cool. I wanted to take him home...

Name:  photo-7.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  68.8 KB

Sorry didn't mean to thread jack. I was thinking that if you saw a picture of me it would cheer you up......sounded good in my head.

Old 11-30-2011, 04:48 PM
1st Gear Member

Sorry to hear that Drag! Are you looking for another dog?

Old 12-02-2011, 04:11 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Thanks everyone. Yeah, as you all have mentioned,,,it will tear you up, ....Its deep, ....a tough call, and family member. I do appreciate all of your shoulders to lean on.

Originally Posted by Worlok14
Sorry to hear that Drag! Are you looking for another dog?
Not just yet. I do need to have the male staffordshire terrier (Rascal) of the household train a replacement now that Katey Girl is not here.

Old 12-04-2011, 03:28 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dragone#19
Thanks everyone. Yeah, as you all have mentioned,,,it will tear you up, ....Its deep, ....a tough call, and family member. I do appreciate all of your shoulders to lean on.

Not just yet. I do need to have the male staffordshire terrier (Rascal) of the household train a replacement now that Katey Girl is not here.
We are always here for ya brother!