Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Ok Im Going To Try And Post Something Normal

Old 02-28-2007, 04:47 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Ok Im Going To Try And Post Something Normal

That last also hit on spooks previous post.

Old 02-28-2007, 04:53 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: spooknick

Now Notstock the thing is that 97 percent of the people will never ride there bikes to the limit thats a almost given fact and the these days most bikes are bein sold is for commuting. I feel ya on the zx7 for i have one as well 99, version to be exact. For my next bike i plan on gettin a 636 instead of liter i dont have any curves or i do but very little and no as far as straighaways i would get it up there but thats why my lic. has so many sus. and tickets. I think when people and not saying yall should stop saying things like all i do if ride liter bikes because of the power because the reg. rider most ofthem will never hit the max. on there bikes, hell they would not even hit the max on the 636.
I am thinking that any rider out there has gone to the max speed capable of the ride or just to the comfort level of the rider. I think that only 3% of riders doing that is kinda low.

Old 02-28-2007, 05:07 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Dragone#19

ORIGINAL: ashmgo17

i think it is something relating to the whole 'little guys with big trucks' complex
hahaha, I would not say there is a complex in owning a 10r over a 6r really. They both ride well, but where do you want the power to be placed?
down there or the tounge

Old 02-28-2007, 05:21 AM

Now Dragone when i say skill of the rider i dont mean just going the max speed. But shifting correctly maxiizing every gear for whats it worth that is what i am talkin about and there are a lot of riders that cant do that. With me working at a bike dealer u would be surprised for example how many people burn first gear. There was one guy he burned first gear this goof was trying to take first gear to 20mph wtf. Thats all i am saying anybody can ride but not everybody can seize all of the power out of a 6 or 1000

And as for skills in that 3 percentall i can say is i try to please the ladies I never had no complaints

Thats 4 extra cool point +4

Old 02-28-2007, 07:00 AM
1st Gear Member

Its the same thing with SUVs, soccer moms will pay the extra 3k for the off road package to take little jimmy to karate class, does she think that one day she will be attacked by a rival ninja clan and be forced to kick it into 4 wheel and tear off through the woods? Some might but most just want the best thing they can afford, and if you equate best with horsepower and acceleration and have the cash to drop on it, then I say more power to ya.

Old 02-28-2007, 07:59 PM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Notstock

Lets race up a long grade, the liter bike will out run you there. The 6's are more nimble in the corners but lack the power off the corner or down the straights. A 600 will beat the liter on a tight technical track and the liter will do the same to the 600 on a faster track with longer straights and sweepers. This given that the 2 riders are evenly skilled, rider skill has a lot to do with it.

If I were to buy another track bike, I have a ZX-7 right now, I would go with a 600 class bike. I have always ridden liter bike on the street and would continue too. Say you were to ride with me and we both do a 80 or a 100 mph roll on you would loose, not saying I am a better rider, just on a stronger bike. If you wanted to win we would just have to swap bikes
so true. displacement doesnt replace skill or ***** tho

Old 02-28-2007, 08:49 PM
1st Gear Member

+1 evil

Old 02-28-2007, 09:41 PM
1st Gear Member

I can promise you it is the "big trucks" syndrome. Seriously - the only reason I have the 9 is because I got it for a song... and I am a big guy (not for long... 20 more to go and I am good ). You all know that I was gunning for another 7 for the longest time... but you also know I got burned on the one in Detroit that I found. That thing will out-handle a 9 or liter by almost any mfg, any day of the week.

Really - the acceleration is more than sufficient for any rider... even a 600 class is, and just like others said - very few of your typical sportbike riders actually make use of what the bikes are capable of at any displacement. I ran the 8 year old 9 with a bunch of Repsol replicas and other 1k's on a bullet run one night from the suburbs to downtown Chicago, and not only did I hang with the kids and their bikes just fine - I ended up in the front 3 or 4 (out of 20) in no-time. There is nothing those bikes could/would do under even those harder riding conditions that my 9 couldn't... and to be honest - I would have been even more comfortable and capable if I had a 7. Keep the RPMs up in the powerband, and it's all good.

There is about as much practicality for your daily rider who doesn't track their bike to have a 1k, zx12, busa or even zx14 as there is in owning a .50 cal desert eagle and using it as either a duty weapon or for daily carry. It is simply about ***** waving, and nothing more. Not knocking those of you who have liter+ bikes... if you like it - great. But the question is - do you really NEED it, and do you really USE it? Me - I would use the corner-carving abilities of the ZX7 or a slightly older Gixxer 750 long before I would use the straightline abilities of the ZX9, or any other liter+ bike. Ever try manuevering a Busa? Good lord - forget it. Poorly balanced, heavy as hell... but gobs of power. It's all about the power and the ***** waving. Give me a bike with good handling and sub 3.5 second 0-60 time (ie - anything 600 or bigger), and I am good to go.

Old 02-28-2007, 11:06 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

i went with the 10r after i got rid of my 600, and there is no comparing the two. untill you ride one it's just all speculation. the pull and the torque is out of this world. what ever floats your boat.

Old 03-01-2007, 12:59 AM
1st Gear Member

Muahahah I know what floats my boat. [sm=badbadbad.gif]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ok Im Going To Try And Post Something Normal