Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Ok Im Going To Try And Post Something Normal

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 02:37 AM
Default Ok Im Going To Try And Post Something Normal

I was at work today talking with my buddies and there was something that i did not understand and that is why do people buy 1000's that is the question that i own. My buddy told me that they are so much faster than 600's well lets do some research i you look at the quarter mile the 1000 on surpas the 600 by maybe a tenth of asec.So if a tenth of a sec. makes that much of a deal to pay 3g's more hey thats great and also if u livein sayNY with the crowded traffic and dont plan on any drag racingand track day what good is your 1000 the 600 is lighter and betterin curves (ahhthe CURVESSSS). So I would like for somebody to explain why u would pay a extra 2500 to 3000 for a liter and if u have not rode a 636 u dont no what u are missing or a 05 or higher ZZR6 also this is not bashing any liter owners or the beloved ZX10 I would like to no that is all THANKS

MY PEOPLE ON THE KAWI FORUMS IS MY FAMILY I LOVE U GUYS AND LADIES ALWAYS KEEP ONE WHEEL UP IF U DO IT SAFE

Old 02-28-2007, 02:41 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Ok Im Going To Try And Post Something Normal

Well I'm with you. I'm a big guy (6'5) but I love my 636. It's very light, and I love hitting corners (I want to get lower!!!). The 600s are always better on gas, and since this was a purchase mostly for commuting, I dig it.

Old 02-28-2007, 03:02 AM
1st Gear Member

I think litre bikes are more capable in the 1/4 mile if they're setup just for it. (i.e. suspension mods.)Otherwise I guess its more of a fasttrack bike.

Just my opinion.

Old 02-28-2007, 03:25 AM
1st Gear Member

I would kill myself on one LOL I'm sticking to the 250 and 636!

Old 02-28-2007, 03:37 AM
Super Moderator

Lets race up a long grade, the liter bike will out run you there. The 6's are more nimble in the corners but lack the power off the corner or down the straights. A 600 will beat the liter on a tight technical track and the liter will do the same to the 600 on a faster track with longer straights and sweepers. This given that the 2 riders are evenly skilled, rider skill has a lot to do with it.

If I were to buy another track bike, I have a ZX-7 right now, I would go with a 600 class bike. I have always ridden liter bike on the street and would continue too. Say you were to ride with me and we both do a 80 or a 100 mph roll on you would loose, not saying I am a better rider, just on a stronger bike. If you wanted to win we would just have to swap bikes

Old 02-28-2007, 04:17 AM

Now Notstock the thing is that 97 percent of the people will never ride there bikes to the limit thats a almost given fact and the these days most bikes are bein sold is for commuting. I feel ya on the zx7 for i have one as well 99, version to be exact. For my next bike i plan on gettin a 636 instead of liter i dont have any curves or i do but very little and no as far as straighaways i would get it up there but thats why my lic. has so many sus. and tickets. I think when people and not saying yall should stop saying things like all i do if ride liter bikes because of the power because the reg. rider most ofthem will never hit the max. on there bikes, hell they would not even hit the max on the 636.

Old 02-28-2007, 04:19 AM

i think it is something relating to the whole 'little guys with big trucks' complex

Old 02-28-2007, 04:26 AM
Super Moderator

I hear ya spoon and legal riding is notfun on any bike, well you know what I mean. I did like my liter bike for commuting too, more power to move when you needed too.

The 600 vrs 1000 will always have lots of interesting arguments.

and ash, don't hate us because were faster

Old 02-28-2007, 04:41 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

My buddy told me that they are so much faster than 600's well lets do some research i you look at the quarter mile the 1000 on surpas the 600 by maybe a tenth of asec.
I am not seeing this time difference at all.

I think that a dialed in 1000 is competitive on any course. Inertia kicks in ( you know about that anyways), so the tires really take a beating on the 10r compared to the 6r. Personnally, I think the 1000 will ride on rails just as well as a 6r will although with some dissadvantages in corner speeds. But not that much. Besides, it feels great when the ride squirms on hard acceleration 4th gear upshifts ona straight.

As mark mentioned above, "the 1000 could be a fast track bike." I totally agree.

Old 02-28-2007, 04:46 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ashmgo17

i think it is something relating to the whole 'little guys with big trucks' complex
hahaha, I would not say there is a complex in owning a 10r over a 6r really. They both ride well, but where do you want the power to be placed?

Quick Reply: Ok Im Going To Try And Post Something Normal