Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

NHL anyone - Simon bad, very bad.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 07:47 AM
1st Gear Member
Default NHL anyone - Simon bad, very bad.....

what an @AAhole!!!
should have gotten a lot worse for this **** then he did!!

they should make him stand there and have the guy return the favor the same freaken dirty way!!!

here is the vid: http://youtube.com/watch?v=RLmon0XoH3I

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Old 03-14-2007, 09:06 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: NHL anyone - Simon bad, very bad.....

What a douche bag! Why do these thugs get paid millions to play professional sports?

Old 03-14-2007, 05:11 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

what a poor sport.[:@]

Old 03-14-2007, 06:02 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

I went to a boxing match once and a hockey game broke out......... I know old and lame but I couldn't help it

Old 03-19-2007, 07:35 AM
1st Gear Member

Yea he should of been kicked out forever. This is his sixth time. Lucky he didn't hit two inches lower it would of been right in Hollegs throat.

Old 03-22-2007, 07:32 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Here are my views.

I am currently a high school varsity head coach, having previously been a college asst coach.

Hollweg is a goon...when he is on the ice, his intention is to cause problems with other players through physical contact. The highlight on his NHL.com profile is that he is 11th in the league in PIM. While Chris Simon's slash to the face was inappropriate, I feel that this has all been blown way out of proportion. Simon was retaliating for a cheap shot earlier by Hollweg, and had the officials gotten that call right, the shot by Simon wouldnt have happened. The NHL would never admit that their **** poor officiating was the fault of someone getting hurt, but thats the truth.

It isnt like Chris Simon went out unprovoked and slashed a skilled player in the face. While Simon should have dropped the gloves and handled it like a man, the penalty should not be so severe, making him look like such an awful person, as it could have just as easily have been Hollweg slashing someone, because thats what goons do...just like Marty McSorely years ago. Goons attacking goons has been going on for decades.

The problem is now somehow the Us court system loves to step in to everything, so now the goons have to put up with things, because if the initial call isnt made by the awful officials, a retaliation could cost them their freedom.

Old 03-22-2007, 07:34 PM
1st Gear Member

Nicely put Patrick +1

Old 03-27-2007, 04:40 PM

No offense Patrick...I do respect your opinion, but you are wrong. I have played hockey at all levels throughout my life, all the way up to the East Coast league. And no matter what you do, you do not intentially swing your stick at someones face. Simon has been a repeat STICK offender in the NHL, there is no room for that anywhere!!

To touch on what you said, yes he should have dropped his gloves, that is why fighting is allowed in hockey, you fight, then its over, thats it.

And to hear that Simon was unaware of his actions at that time, is nothing but a ploy for sympathy. He said he was out of it and doctors said he had a concussion because of the hit. I do not buy that at all. In my opinion, the penalty was not strong enough, especially for a repeat offender.

This will do nothing but teach younger kids to retaliate, I know that these athletes are portrayed as role-models, and I dont believe that they should be, but lets be real, kids look up these players and will imitate them. It sucks but it is what it is.

Thats my opinion and Im sticking to it!!!!!!!!!