Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

new stuff to try (Money Pit)

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 03:58 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default new stuff to try (Money Pit)

Just ordered this week.

Factory Pro stacks for the 10r
Attack Rear sets for the 6rr

The 6rr had the vortex rearsets already on it. Was not to my liking

I could always try to tune the second gen 10r to be faster. What the hell, could always use some extra to catch up with the gen 4's if that is possible.

edit: I should have posted the title as "money pits" or something similar. lol

Old 10-03-2013, 12:12 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

(I've got Harris rearsets on the 9. Love the range of adjustability. I like mine high and tight.) Those stacks should make that baby sing! Sounds like a good project, Drag.

Old 10-03-2013, 11:50 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

[QUOTE](I've got Harris rearsets on the 9. Love the range of adjustability. I like mine high and tight.)/QUOTE]

I did not see those available from the companies I shopped at. I knew that the Attack rearsets on the 10r were to my liking, so I pretty much just pulled the trigger for another set. The 6RR came with the factory pro stacks when I bought it. Which was nice.

The '07 6r nissins and the '06 zx14 nissins came in last week to replace the stock tokico's on the '05 6RR. (may just re-sell the zx14 ones or put them on the shelf with the spacers needed to use them for this ride.) The cylinder base and the head gaskets are already on the shelf for placement. Either flash the stock ecu or add the dynojet stuff that is on the shelf waiting in anticipation. Hit up the dyno, slap some paint on the race fairings, the spider grips and new fluids, safety wire and she should be ready to go. But you know how it goes, there is always something that is missed until noted at the last moment. (such as some new aftermarket rims which requires some serious man to woman sales techniques)

Old 10-18-2013, 03:57 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by dragone#19
edit: I should have posted the title as "money pits" or something similar. Lol
hahaha yes

Old 10-22-2013, 03:48 PM
1st Gear Member

How is it coming along?

Old 02-12-2014, 01:00 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Update:

The traxxion dynamic AKGas will be here soon. Along with the Penske 8987 for the ZX6RR. SBS pads for the '07 calipers, continue to prefit, safety wire, jumper mod, paint and tires should get me going. The engine gaskets and ignition control are still on the wall (hence the jumper mod for right now), I may have time for the engine tune after I get the suspension setup. I may be out of time to play with the engine for right now. Ya gotta love budgets and time frames. I am running on a "Lets Ride" High mentality right now as the project progress'. lol

Old 02-12-2014, 01:21 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

I wanted to try out some BT003's on this ride, so a set are ready. We will see if I can adjust to them or not. I know, they are outdated and have been replaced. The price was good and I am not out to break any land speed records at the moment. I wanted to play with the profile and see if my riding style has changed or what not. Experimentation can be dangerous, but since I ride slow, no worries. I still like my pirelli SC2 slicks on the 10r with almost the same suspension setup. What the hell. If I can enjoy the stock EX500 with bias ply sport demons on track, that was a memorable track weekend by the way. I can at least hope for another enjoyable yr. lol

Old 04-09-2014, 07:32 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

the Penske 8987 for the ZX6RR

Old 04-09-2014, 08:54 PM
1st Gear Member

Ahhh, that's a piece of art.

Old 04-10-2014, 12:10 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by IDRIDR
Ahhh, that's a piece of art.

I said the same thing when I did a show and tell to the wife. She just muttered and mentioned not for that kind of money. Sheesh LOL

I did add the AMA piston along with the spring perch which did add to the over all cost of course. The piston and it being piggy backed are the only things different than my 10r's 8987 so I wanted to try it out.

Quick Reply: new stuff to try (Money Pit)