Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

New favorite sound

Old 03-19-2007, 05:45 PM
Default New favorite sound

So I discovered a new favorite sound this weekend. It had previously been my zx-6r with 2bros exhaust. I have been driving my father in laws f-250 turbo diesel (which we are to buy off him soon) and being respectful to him, and respecting the sheer size and weight of the monster of a truck (extended cab long bed) I had been taking it easy. We have just bought a house and this weekend was the big move. On a trip back to the apt. to get more ****, I mean "valuables" lol, I decided to open it up a little. I put my foot to the floor and at 750 rpm's the engine just cackles like a good diesel should, at 1500 rpm's it's fairly noisy, at 2000 rpm's oh that sweet number. At 2k rpm's the engine smoothes out the cackle disappears then you hear the turbo just howling out from underneath the hood like a tornado. I was in complete and udder awe, not to mention the fact that this monster of a truck is quicker than my car! I just can't get enough of driving this truck....

Old 03-19-2007, 05:53 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: New favorite sound

I have the Dodge Cummins Diesel 24 valve and last year I took off the silencer ring on the turbo, and you should hear it on the highway and freeway when I pass someone, the whistle is unbelievable. It sounds like a huge semi passing. The look on peoples faces in a small car or even some guy driving a truck. Priceless. [8D]

Nothing beats the sound of a turbo whistle. MMMMMMMM Turbo whistle...........I'll have that.

Name:  Dodgeresized.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  47.5 KB

Old 03-19-2007, 06:00 PM
1st Gear Member

turbo diesels are straight up badass. duramax all the way!!

Old 03-19-2007, 06:35 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hicktown

turbo diesels are straight up badass. duramax all the way!!
The Duramax is a good motor, but if its noise you're looking for get the Cummins. My Brother In Law has the new Chevy with the Duramax, and the first time I drove it I didn't even know it was a diesel. Not that that's a bad thing. I suppose the new Dodge truck has a quieter motor. Stinking greenies always trying to save the world.

Old 03-19-2007, 07:35 PM
1st Gear Member

My work has a couple newer Dodge Ram turbo diesels, and I was very surprised the first time I drove it just how quick they are.

One of the most amazing displays of diesel power I've seen was one night when I was riding my KZ750, I came to a stop light next to this hopped up, new Chevy duramax diesel. As the lights turned yellow to the cross traffic, the guy in the duramax started brake-standing it. I knew he wanted to race, so our light turns green and I launch the bike like a pro! The only problem was this guy stays only a vehicle length or two behind me, and I'm not pulling away either![] We get to the next stop light and he tells me "good race". I asked him what the hell he had under the hood of that thing, and he told me everything from the modded computer, aftermarket intake, turbo, and exhaust. I was very surprised. That truck had to be almost twice as fast as my work's Ram diesels. What's so amazing about diesels is that even with all that torque, they still get awesome fuel mileage.

Old 03-20-2007, 12:31 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

ryan, is it a 6.0 or a 7.3 ?

Old 03-20-2007, 04:06 AM

ORIGINAL: evil636

ryan, is it a 6.0 or a 7.3 ?
7.3 litres of ground stomping power.... just about 12x the size of my bike, lol

Old 03-20-2007, 05:07 AM
Super Moderator