Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

new bike and also 300ex for sale

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 01:00 AM
1st Gear Member
Default new bike and also 300ex for sale

FOR SALE 300ex quad!!!! florida more info on the pagehttps://post.craigslist.org/lal/S/mcy/none/x/neLKSu7z4anK6RmB/MORay

MY NEW BIKE--okay so i just got my first bike a rm250.. and the thing looked nice i only paid 1100 but when i started riding the gear comin out of neutral i think it clicks in to gear a little hard also.. but when i give it some gas the chain rattles and makes a che che che che che kinda noise i decided to stop riding it after because i dont wanna get it more screwed up but lol i was a little upset considering it was my first bike and just got off of a fourwheeler and i never rode a dirtbike and hopped on it and i tested the hell out of it baby gots some powerr cant imagine it w/o the thing messing up but dam I LOVE 2 STROKEs now the power is incredible frickin i opened it up on the road and in about 5th gear i was sitting on the tank lol i but that thrill of a 2 stroke is just insaneee and im also only 15 yrs old im definitly gunna start racing the bike there fun.
any ideas i was thinking its the transmission sprocket maybe is worn out or something im not 100% sure .

Old 12-06-2009, 01:12 AM
1st Gear Member

doubt it. those transmissions are clunky by nature because the engagement dogs are really thick... and i think there 4 of them instead of 5.. i could be wrong on that. been a while since i opened one up. last RM i built is still winning races and going strong.. lol

chain is probably just loose and possibly old.. i wouldn't worry about it.. lube and clean it and ensure it's tightened properly.. again. .everything on a dirtybike is made to have it's *** beat. no joke. thats what they're designed for.

i had an RM250 2 smoke and it scared the hell out of me.

i have a KX125 im rebuilding now.

i suggest that if you're going to race, work thru the displacement classes. or take your time. that bike can kill you if you're not careful.

oh.. and.. tho i really don't suggest this.. not with your limited riding experience.. but when you get more under your belt, find a CR500 or a CRF 450F to ride.

i remember just handing back a CR500 one day.. said.. "too much.. not even fun" and it wasn't it's too light and WAY too wheelie prone and snappy.

the CRF was a rebuild and tune.. OMFG man.. i want a CRF450 tard after riding it. i built racebikes that i don't think pulled like this thing.. 5th gear roll-on wheelies. from like,, 2000rpm.. almost idle.. it made NO sense. none.. i've never been on something other than a large-bore streetbike that pulled that hard. gearing helped tho.

i wheelied the entire 300' parkinglot in first.. (just a power wheelie.. no balance point stuff) and was still not out of revs.

Old 12-07-2009, 01:54 AM
1st Gear Member

oh hell yeah. like i said, it will blow you away. the cr250 in my yard tears ***, and i love it... and +1 on the 500, although is personally go for the kx over the cr. 65hp stock, and that is before you really open its power with a pipe, reeds, jets and sprocket. absolute monsters. one of my life goals is to own one