Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Need to VENT

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 06:48 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Need to VENT

2 wheels forever

Old 09-30-2006, 12:06 PM
1st Gear Member

So whats the problem? Go and ride your bike and have fun [8D]

Old 09-30-2006, 08:26 PM
1st Gear Member

heres an idea, if you dont stop your bike, You cant hear them

People flipped when they found out I got my permit, evn my bf who had an R1, told me i was nuts and would kill myself. Then they saw me ride and shut up! I wouldnt have backed down if all the people in the world told me I was crazy for riding, so keep it up for as long as you want!!!!

Old 09-30-2006, 11:42 PM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

arent you kinda old to be getting punked by your family man ? screw em. ride on. f.t.w.

Old 10-02-2006, 08:28 AM
1st Gear Member

i say do what you want. your smart enough and mature enough to make your own decisions

Old 10-02-2006, 04:19 PM

Here is a picture of my Honda CBR 1000f Hurricane. This is really the bike they all think I need to stay off of or sell. Sooooo, I took a picture with my old wheel chair so it looked like a side car and my grand daughter on my 1000 as my biker chick. I send this to all of them when they start on me. So far none of em think its funny. I LOVE IT. How bout you?
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...yh/sidecar.jpg

Old 10-02-2006, 05:05 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

i think its pretty funny... especially cause they want you off of it.

Old 10-02-2006, 07:22 PM

HAHAHA...I like that pic

Old 10-03-2006, 12:45 AM
1st Gear Member

lol thats a great pic

Old 01-05-2007, 12:12 AM

Wow, there's so much to be said for this tangent. I get flak on the opposite side; I'm completely inexperienced, young, trying to get a bike, and I get hell about my age and inexperience. Well how do they think I'm going to get it? Staying off a bike for life? Criminy.

I have a boss in his mid 60s, a blacksmith, recreational weed smoker, active drummer in a band, and he looks a hell of a lot younger than his less 'alternative' peers. He looks like he's in his 40s. It's because we're indulging in/being passionate about something that's not 'mainstream' that inclinates danger. How dangerous is it for the average 'mundane' to be blathering away on their cell phones driving a 1-2,000 lb box all over the place? How dangerous is it to simply get in a box, any box, when you're unwilling to pay attention? Then we could go into the statistics of people killed in everyday activities: falling down stairs, off of roofs, people breaking bones and fracturing themselves in a myriad of ways just dealing with rowdy kids or taking a hike, or slipping in their bathtubs...
Life is dangerous, and death is part and parcel of it. People die in a hundred thousand different ways every day, every second. Why are we expected to forego a passion because we might die? We might die just waking up and breathing in polluted air, or eating bad food, or taking bad medications, going to work or shopping for groceries, sitting on our couches, or in our sleep. Living itself entails dying. This deathphobia is total crap, and a smokescreen for being lazy, passive, and excluding all the wonders of life because they're 'dangerous'.

You obviously are a good rider, and your bike is probably a lot more healthy for you than the activities your friends and family engage in.

Thanks for sharing, and creating a forum for others to vent in too.
Ride on! Smack those naysayers and tell them to respect their elders... [sm=joke.gif]

Quick Reply: Need to VENT