Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Need to VENT

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 05:11 PM
Default Need to VENT

Boy do I need to vent. I have been called down many times because of my age(60) and with a fused spine for still riding a bike. Mostly family members. Well fu#@ em. Now here is why it pisses me off. I have a nephew who is 45 years old, brain dead from drugs and booze,weighs over 300 lbs, no job lives with mom. ****-- see where I'm going? Ok. He goes out and buys a new dirt bike with the insurance settlement he got Goes to the local track here and proceeds to brake his femur. He had made the statement that he was going to be the 1st 45 year old to do a back flip. So now for some reason the same family members that think I am whacked for ridding at my age are going with the "Oh poor guy Hope he recovers soon and gets right back on his dirt bike and sticks with it" WTF! I'll stop. Thanks for the place here to let me vent.

Old 09-29-2006, 05:21 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Need to VENT

wow man that sucks... thats right screw them do what you want... at least your not out trying to do back flips...

Old 09-29-2006, 05:25 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Hey JlazyH - I recently broke my collar bone riding and have taken quite a bit of flack for it from well meaning family members who think its too dangerous. I've had to remind them of all their little accidents doing everyday things that resulted in far more serious injury than my collar bone. You can get hurt doing anything, us bikers don't hold the monopoly on that. What would they prefer - that I waste away in front of the boob tube and become a couch potato and get so out of shape that even walking up a flight of stairs is considered strenuous? No thanks - I'd think I'd rather risk braking a few bones than a slow but sure death that way

Take care, buddy!

Edit: Oh ... I was definitely not doing back flips, that's just nuts, he deserves a "stupid" trophy for that

Old 09-29-2006, 06:10 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Hey bro. do what makes you happy screw everyone else and what they think.... no offense and the next time your nephew try's the back flip get a vid of that for us.....lol

Old 09-29-2006, 09:49 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: hoedogg

Hey bro. do what makes you happy screw everyone else and what they think.... no offense and the next time your nephew try's the back flip get a vid of that for us.....lol
[sm=exactly.gif] Ride on Brother.

Old 09-29-2006, 10:23 PM
1st Gear Member

I tried to keep it on the QT when I was buying my bike. I have a history of being a sort of pin it or bin it kinda guy on bicycles (mtn and road) so I had to hear it from everyone I know how it was dangerous and I was going to get myself killed yadda yadda yadda. It is amazing how many people have a brother, father, uncle, sister, mother, friend that has been hurt, killed, maimed, what have you on a motorcycle. It was really tiresome. No matter how much you try to assure them that you aren't out to get yourself killed, they don't listen.

Smile, nod, then walk away...if they wan't to stress it, that is thier worry, not yours.

Old 09-30-2006, 01:38 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

lmao, for some reason I find this funny! Being told from someone to not ride. Then to hear that (from the sounds of it) a newbie who is way out of shape trying a backflip! lol

Old 09-30-2006, 01:45 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Word!!! if i only had a nickel for every time i heard becareful. i know that they are just expressing their concern and their love. but damm i would be rich$$$$$$$$$$
ORIGINAL: technophile

I tried to keep it on the QT when I was buying my bike. I have a history of being a sort of pin it or bin it kinda guy on bicycles (mtn and road) so I had to hear it from everyone I know how it was dangerous and I was going to get myself killed yadda yadda yadda. It is amazing how many people have a brother, father, uncle, sister, mother, friend that has been hurt, killed, maimed, what have you on a motorcycle. It was really tiresome. No matter how much you try to assure them that you aren't out to get yourself killed, they don't listen.

Smile, nod, then walk away...if they wan't to stress it, that is thier worry, not yours.

Old 09-30-2006, 01:47 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dragone#19
Then to hear that (from the sounds of it) a newbie who is way out of shape trying a backflip! lol
Hey bro, hold my beer and watch this ...

Nothing good ever follows those words, lol

Old 09-30-2006, 03:08 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

Hey bro, hold my beer and watch this ...

Nothing good ever follows those words, lol
Unless you win the grand prize on Funniest Videos.

I dont know many people in their 60's, but I do know if I told my grandpa not to do something he would vent on me alot harder than you vented on this forum, and not just with words . Do what you want, and if they have a problem ignore them or throw it back. They have no right to make decisions for you.

Quick Reply: Need to VENT