Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Need dude consultation *all dudes with peeps get in here!*

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 12:34 AM
1st Gear Member

Tough choice chick.

Find out which one you are more compatable with (i.e. religious views, political views, future goals in life and sense of humor). That will make it easier to adapt to one another as the relationship changes.

Good Luck

Mike

Old 12-06-2008, 01:17 AM
1st Gear Member

Sooo went out with #2 again tonight. Had a blast! Found out he had some skeletons in his closet. My Dad's friend was here and turns out he knows Dad's friend. When I get back from the date dad says "do you know who you are hanging out with?". I was lke duh I do. lol Then dad was lke "you know he has a DUI right?" I said yes. Come to find out he killed a woman drunk driving about a year ago. So yeah .... unless this guy has totally did a 180 from who he was I don't think I wanna even begin to pursue this one.

Time to focus on #1. lol

Old 12-06-2008, 02:02 AM
1st Gear Member

**** happens to everyone Chik, dont base him off that. About 2 yrs ago at boxing so kid was talking **** after the match and i blacked out. If you want to know the rest i'll pm you because I am not proud of it. But my girlfriend at the time dumped me because of what happened to the kid and it was just a mis-hap. She thought i was a lunatic or something and that I would hit her. I'd never hit her or any other girl. Except for my chemistry teacher. But she realized what happened and took me back.

Last edited by Will Shoe; 12-06-2008 at 02:05 AM.
Old 12-06-2008, 02:35 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Let me get this straight? You're asking a bunch of dudes about relationship advice? Stop, you're killing me!

Men's brain:

Hey, at least I'm honest, the only honest one here apparently.

Old 12-06-2008, 03:01 AM
1st Gear Member

I hate to say it...but I disagree with Will on this one (sorry bro). Killing someone while driving drunk is not a minor mistake. It shows an incredible lack of judgment and responsibility. If you are looking for someone to maybe marry someday, you may want to spend a long time getting to know that dude before any mistakes are made.

GUy #1 may have some issues, like someone else said, make sure he has the same goals as yourself. He sounds more settled than you, make sure he isn't just trying to relive the old days.

Thats my .02, I have been married only once, for almost 9 years now BTW. I don't pretend to understand my wife all of the time, and I certainly am no relationship expert. Just my opinions here.

Old 12-06-2008, 06:02 AM
1st Gear Member

I know what your trying to say rick, but i was just saying. If he was drunk and drove thats incredibly stupid, but it wasnt really his choice to hit the lady and kill her. Know what I mean? Like i take full blame for what i did. He should too, but its not like he intentionally did it like in my case. and the kid is still alive i didnt kill him incase anyone was wondering.

Old 12-06-2008, 02:40 PM
1st Gear Member

While hardly excusable, that major event in his life may just have been what he needed to grow up. You already know if he is mature and responsible NOW or not. (Now and tomorrow is more important than the past. What is important about the past is if you learn from it or not).

Find a random, 3rd guy and bring him into the mix.

Lock the 3 of them in the garage, and tell them last one standing will be your choice.

Old 12-06-2008, 03:28 PM
1st Gear Member

Yo Chik, just boinkem both and keep looking. If #1 was the dude of a lifetime, you would have known that years ago. And #2 probably has some issues due to his past. And after all, I dont think you are ready to settle down and go steady.
Hold off for the perfect match!

Old 12-06-2008, 08:09 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Will Shoe
I know what your trying to say rick, but i was just saying. If he was drunk and drove thats incredibly stupid, but it wasnt really his choice to hit the lady and kill her. Know what I mean? Like i take full blame for what i did. He should too, but its not like he intentionally did it like in my case. and the kid is still alive i didnt kill him incase anyone was wondering.
Yeah I'm will Will on this one. It's no different than if I hit someone and kill them one night while I'm drinking intoxicated. It sucks but after I talk to him about it if he doesn't appear to be remorseful then F-him.

Yo Chik, just boinkem both and keep looking. If #1 was the dude of a lifetime, you would have known that years ago. And #2 probably has some issues due to his past. And after all, I dont think you are ready to settle down and go steady.
Hold off for the perfect match!
^^^ I'm with you on that one brother! Its just taking a long *** time ya know. Most chicks I know my age have been done settled down and had a family. I want that like soooooooooooooo freaking bad and it sucks not to have it!

Old 12-06-2008, 08:10 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nobrakes
Let me get this straight? You're asking a bunch of dudes about relationship advice? Stop, you're killing me!

Men's brain:

Hey, at least I'm honest, the only honest one here apparently.
Well, funny that you say this because my brain is like sex, sports, alcohol, sex, motorcycles, motorcycles, sex, beach, alcohol, motorcycles... LOL!

Quick Reply: Need dude consultation *all dudes with peeps get in here!*