Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

NASCAR??!!

Old 02-13-2007, 08:48 PM
Default NASCAR??!!

Right, as a fairly normal Brit (Limey) who enjoys watching racing on tracks with corners which go both ways, there is one form of motorsport that I just can't get my head round..... kinda figure that since most of you guys are from the USA, you might be able to give me some answers.......

just what the hell is the point of NASCAR?!....... I'm being totally honest here - it just looks like a bunch of cars going round in circles, waiting for the cars to either break, or crash into each other..... there doesn't look like much skill involved....... I'm just saying it like a lot of us over here see it!.... so, please don't take offence!

Old 02-13-2007, 08:57 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: NASCAR??!!

I am still trying to figure it out myself between all the different tracks but each track is different. short tracks require a lot of patience and good handeling in such a small places. Super speedways on the other hand is all drafting.

Old 02-13-2007, 08:59 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

i call it circle burning. besides the big super speed ways and the two road corses they do a year. it's boringto me

Old 02-13-2007, 09:04 PM

but they're not even going that fast....... My parents live in Germany, and when you've been down the Autobahn in a 3-series beemer bouncing off the speed limiter with other supercars going past like you're standing still, everythings a bit slow....... even over here, I sit on the motorway doing 110mph wherever I'm going..... unless I get stuck in our famous traffic jams that is!!.....

Old 02-13-2007, 09:20 PM
1st Gear Member

I agree 100% with you. I HATE watching NASCAR. There is no point to it. It's embarrassing that this is happens to be Americas favorite motorsport. While I was working for an auto parts store, I would always have these rednecks come in and ask me if I watched the race on Sunday. When I told them I didn't really care about NASCAR, some of those guys looked puzzled, and others looked very pissed off!

The reason it's so popular here is because it entertains drunk rednecks that can't handle watching anything more involved than cars going in circles.

Old 02-13-2007, 09:28 PM

awesome!!! you do realise I'm going to quote you to all my mates!!

Old 02-13-2007, 09:40 PM

I'm with the rest of you on this. I have trouble keeping my eyes open watching it but I'll enjoy a lot of other racing like F1, endurance racing and motocross, etc.

Old 02-13-2007, 10:13 PM
1st Gear Member

If NASCAR wasn't such a huge money maker, I'm sure we would have moved on to better and more advanced motorsport racing decades ago. But, until rednecks stop getting drunk on Sunday afternoons, and quit watching NASCAR while trashed, we're all DOOMED!

Old 02-13-2007, 10:53 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

drunk rednecks^^^^lol[sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 02-13-2007, 11:05 PM

I love nascar. its just about the only sport i watch.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NASCAR??!!