Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

my trip to the gap and down again! LOL!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 06:21 AM
Default my trip to the gap and down again! LOL!

[:@]well im back for a week now and i came back from the gap adn ive been meaning to post but ive been busy. WOW that is all i could say about that place the only thing i can compare to it that ive been is Italy! it was a blast!i must report that my second day there i slid into a gaurd rail at 70 mph adn i did think i was dead but god was on my side again and i walked away! this is my second crash in two months! this one was my fault i was trying to keep up with my buddies adn i chose the wrong line and i was not feeling in the groove and they are also have 10 years experience on me but i fell its really mad e me think. well on the good note we all came together and fixed my bike in 2 days and i was riding again just much slower 2 falls in the last 2 months really shell shocked me! the roads there arre alot of work there are no straights anny were it felt like u had to be on your toes at all times! it brings out every skill u have i think after a certain speed! just to report to i finaly toped my bike out to this week at 195 the speedo said i know its not true but i did it in a controled enviorment. i think i am going to start doing track next season to improve my skills so i will be able to ride better at the gap adn in general i will take that track coarse that is about it i jusst wanted to share that! see ya!shoot now i have some repairs to do on my bike again but i came up with this mato if u want to play u have to pay[:@][:@][:@]

Old 07-05-2007, 06:36 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: my trip to the gap and down again! LOL!

Not again! Are you gonna keep this little accident from the insurance company? I would. Where I live, there are practically no curvy roads at all. Everything is North, South, East, West and flat. [:'(] Plus, there is way too much loose gravel everywhere to do any aggressive riding. (oh, and way too many cops around here also.)

Do you have any pics of your recked bike?

Old 07-05-2007, 07:21 AM
1st Gear Member

What did I say in the thread when you said you were going?

Glad you are ok.

Old 07-05-2007, 02:23 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

well glad to hear your alright and the trip was a success

Old 07-05-2007, 02:49 PM
Super Moderator

What's the old saying "if your not falling your not trying"

Glad your ok and sounds like it was a good trip. The track is the best place to improve your skills for sure. Plus you can run her as fast as you want with not concerns about the cops.

Old 07-05-2007, 04:08 PM
The Dude
1st Gear Member

Glad your ok. I know what its like having days where you just feel off on the bike. When that happens i just turn around and head home I don't want to risk another acident. I got really lucky on my last and only acident where I went down on the freeway.

Old 07-06-2007, 03:51 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Glad that the ride and you are still around. too bad about the off. Also glad that you picked up some knowledge when feeling abit off and trying to keep up.

Old 07-06-2007, 04:23 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Old 07-06-2007, 02:18 PM

my friend has a track day for sunday but the rest of my friends are telling me not to bring my new bike to the track and wiat till i get a track bike next year i dont know what to do!

Old 07-06-2007, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: BIG V

my friend has a track day for sunday but the rest of my friends are telling me not to bring my new bike to the track and wiat till i get a track bike next year i dont know what to do!
Just go, use some sense and have a great day. If your bike were your only form of transportation I would think differently.

Quick Reply: my trip to the gap and down again! LOL!